Oil Weep - Cylinder Head Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Weep - Cylinder Head Base

Any other surfers experienced a weep of oil at the base of the cylinder head ?. Reckon this is the cause of the drips onto my drive.

Can be seen on passenger side front at around the same level as the top of the fuel pump. Always thought it was where I spilt oil during service but appears to fizz a little when you rev the engine.

No other cylinder head symptoms so am hoping this is just a leaky oil path. Thoughts ?. If it is an early symptom of soething then would rather tackle now before it gets expensive.

It's quite common on 2.4's, right next to the engine no, normally its just the smallest seep of oil and to be honest its not worth the trouble of taking the head off just to fix. Depends on how much oil is leaking really.

Originally posted by crashyb
    Any other surfers experienced a weep of oil at the base of the cylinder head ?. Reckon this is the cause of the drips onto my drive.

Can be seen on passenger side front at around the same level as the top of the fuel pump. Always thought it was where I spilt oil during service but appears to fizz a little when you rev the engine.

No other cylinder head symptoms so am hoping this is just a leaky oil path. Thoughts ?. If it is an early symptom of soething then would rather tackle now before it gets expensive.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      It's quite common on 2.4's, right next to the engine no, normally its just the smallest seep of oil and to be honest its not worth the trouble of taking the head off just to fix. Depends on how much oil is leaking really.
      Thanks. I feel a lot better. Thought it may be an early warning. Doesn't warrant a head removal for a small drip every so often.

Comment

Working...
      X