Urgent Vac pipe help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Vac pipe help please

Hi Nev & Tony correctly diagnosed there is no vac hose on the pressure sensor beside the air cleaner but I can't find where the hose is or comes from?

Got someone coming to look at the car this morning so would be really good if I could solve this small problem

Cheers

Look right in the middle of the intake manifold, facing the air cleaner, directly under the throttle flap housing, a pipe should come out of here, curve up to a filter that clips into a spring clip on the throttle flap housing, and then off to the sensor on the aircleaner.

Look at Nevs pic 9 on your other thread

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Here's another pic from a slightly different angle which may help.

The T piece you see in the hose is for a boost gauge connection.

Maybe Tony can copy the pic and add some arrows to guide you. I am not able to do this at the moment.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        The 2LT is slightly different, in case others start worrying, on the the older trucks the filter goes to the lower VSV on the intake elbow, and then off the boost sensor.

Comment

Thanx guys - I've found the pipe bit it connects to another bit as per photo - I'm confused (doesn't take much!!)

If I take the pipe off this & put it on the pressure senseor wht then goes onto the bit where the pipe was??

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Junks
            If I take the pipe off this & put it on the pressure senseor wht then goes onto the bit where the pipe was??

Thanx
            Nothing, it vents the air out the end of the VSV, look at Nev's pic, its just a black round silencer/filter.

Comment

Yep. Tony is correct. Disconnect from the VSV and connect to the Turbo Sensor. The VSV on yours has a small canister filter missing which fits on the end of the VSV. These are easily broken or dislodged when working on the vehicle if not carefull. If you want to replace this filter then just get a piece of vacuum hose, connect to this point and mount a small plastic fuel filter stuffed with cotton wool on the firewall and connect to it leaving the other end open.

Nev

Comment

Thanx Tony/Nev will give it a try then

Comment

Tony/Nev you are indeed main men!!

All sorted & working fine - just as well because the guy wanted it & I thought I was going to have to tell him him he couldn't have it.

On the look out for my 3rd gen now

Thanx again

Comment

Working...
                  X