Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con dead

Hi all

My air con on my surf is dead looks like it needs all new seals as the gas has all leaked out and ive quoted £450 to sort it out, but i dont see the point of replacing it as i hardly ever use it and in this country it doesnt really get warm enough for me to use it.

so im thinking of removing it my question is can i remove the pump and radiator under the engine or do they serve any other purpose to any other of the vehicle systems like gearbox oil cooler (but i think that bit is done by the main coolant rad)

Thanks

Steve
    They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

once you have had the gas taken out carefully in accordance with the rules.... yes you can loose the rad underneath, and all sorts of pipework, but before you remove the compressor, have you ever wished you had on board copressed air.....?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

now theres a thought

what sort of pressure can the compressor pump (like enough to pump up a tyre?)

Comment

if you go to the homepage, there is a write up on how to do it. i havent done it it yet (inertia trouble..) but shortly im having a go. it gives plenty of air for tyres..got to be done, hasnt it?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i think that it has to be done

would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of the link to converting the a/c pump into a air compressor as im having trouble locating it

Cheers

edit: not to worry ive just found it im going blind in my old age
          Last edited by stevetubbyturbo; 21 January 2006, 21:37.

Comment

eh!

So where is the link then

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown.harrison@gmail.c
              So where is the link then
              if you go to the home page on the right hand side under the latest pictures click on "on board air write up.pdf"

Comment

Working...
              X