what tyre pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tyre pressure

hi folks got surf with standard whells and tyres can anyone help with what pressure to put in these tyres thanks. ps tyre size 215 x15
    Last edited by jonnyblue; 18 January 2006, 09:47.

Originally posted by jonnyblue
    hi folks got surf with standard whells and tyres can anyone help with what pressure to put in these tyres thanks.

A bit down to personal preference really. I run mine at 33psi, found pressure around 28-29psi gave really bad tyre screech around corners, even going slow. Above 33psi ride became a little to harsh as tyres to hard, so I played around with the pressures inbetween and found 33psi to be good for me. No uneven tyre wear etc.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      A bit down to personal preference really. I run mine at 33psi, found pressure around 28-29psi gave really bad tyre screech around corners, even going slow. Above 33psi ride became a little to harsh as tyres to hard, so I played around with the pressures inbetween and found 33psi to be good for me. No uneven tyre wear etc.
      thanks forgot to say tyre size 215 x 15

Comment

tyre pressures

Hi,
        The Max Ellery`s manual states 28 Psi on the front and 33 rear for 215/15`s. I found those pressures fine for general use. I agree with experimenting though as everybody`s surf weighs different and peoples` driving style differs. Basically you have to find a balance between comfort, economy and handling of the vehicle (safety).
        chris