Electrical wiring help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical wiring help needed

Can anyone help. I've got a 89 diesel hilux surf which died. Got a new motor and when it was put in the mechanic realised it was a different year motor (93 or 94). Motor and everything else fit in truck fine but now can not figure out the electricals to get it running. Would any of yous have a diagram that may help. I am so missing the truck.

Originally posted by Denise
    Can anyone help. I've got a 89 diesel hilux surf which died. Got a new motor and when it was put in the mechanic realised it was a different year motor (93 or 94). .
    Considering that your wagon came with a 2LT and a 93-94 will be a 1kzt (3 litre) engine is NOT a straight drop-in, I would have hoped that any decent mechanic would have realised this little fact BEFORE it went in.
    Square peg- round hole type of thing, I mean it is a LOT of work to get a 1KZT motor in there.
    OR your mechanic has his numbers wrong and it is a 2LT(E) that he has fitted.
    My guess is that yours was a 2LT and it now has a 2LTE which is the electronic fuel pump one.
    If this is the case then you can transplant the electrics in or fit the pump off your old motor. Much easier and that is the way I would go.

Where in NZ are you.

Have a look here too.
    http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/index.php
    Last edited by Simon.O.; 18 January 2006, 03:35.
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Simon.O.
      Considering that your wagon came with a 2LT and a 93-94 will be a 1kzt (3 litre) engine is NOT a straight drop-in, I would have hoped that any decent mechanic would have realised this little fact BEFORE it went in.
      Square peg- round hole type of thing, I mean it is a LOT of work to get a 1KZT motor in there.
      OR your mechanic has his numbers wrong and it is a 2LT(E) that he has fitted.
      My guess is that yours was a 2LT and it now has a 2LTE which is the electronic fuel pump one.
      If this is the case then you can transplant the electrics in or fit the pump off your old motor. Much easier and that is the way I would go.

Where in NZ are you.

Have a look here too.
      http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/index.php
      Thanks for the info. We live in Kaitaia towards the top of N.Z. Hubby was saying he is sure the new motor is a 2litre but he'll go see the guy fixing it to see whats up.

Comment

Thanks for the info. We live in Kaitaia towards the top of N.Z. Hubby was saying he is sure the new motor is a 2litre but he'll go see the guy fixing it to see whats up.
        Ah the winterless North.
        The 2LT is actually a 2.4Litre motor. its o.k many people confuse 2LT with 2 Litre
        Keep us posted and throw your questions at the Aussies too.
        Coming to Auckland?? Let me know before hand.
        Simon.O.
        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Can anyone help. I've got a 89 diesel hilux surf which died. Got a new motor and when it was put in the mechanic realised it was a different year motor (93 or 94). Motor and everything else fit in truck fine but now can not figure out the electricals to get it running. Would any of yous have a diagram that may help. I am so missing the truck.
          You need your original fuel pump, the new motor is EFI, and you won't have any of the wires or the ECU to make it work. And all the vaccum stuff off your old motor as well, the EFI motor's are a lot different. Then you might have a chance of getting it running.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yep. Looks like you now have an EFI engine. Lots of electronics on the fuel pump and engine requiring the ECU and othere bits. Someone who knows what to do may be able to use the old fuel pump and other components from the non EFI engine and convert back to mechanical operation as Tony says.

Nev

Comment

Working...
            X