help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!!!!!!!

hi all u nutters out there!! a few wee ?? plz help!!! got a g reg surf and need to know if i can put seatbelts in the back instead of lapbelts, my wife is due im march and we need to know how to do this for the baby seat! and also the back window keeps coming down itself, the motor is running and the window comes down. i disconected the window and it stays up but does anyone know why???!!! cheers guys big fraser fae hamilton sunny scotland

Hi Fraser, your rear window problem is probably the key switch in the tailgate. There is a micro switch in there that can stick. To get to the switch see here..............http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Comment

are all your seat belts in the back lap belts?
      The 2 seats beside the doors in mine are proper seat belts so if you try a couple of breakers you should be able to change your for some like mine.
      As there is no support all the way across behind the back seats I dont think you can put one in there.
      Also do a search on the forum for baby seats you should find a few posts I remember there being one on a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Hi Fraser, your rear window problem is probably the key switch in the tailgate. There is a micro switch in there that can stick. To get to the switch see here..............http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm
        cheers mate, ure a life saver!!!!!

Comment

rear seat belts

the seat belt job is very easy, I did mine in about two hours. I got the parts from Rough Trax. Do a search on "rear seatbelts" and you will get lots of info. As for second hand seatbelts from a breaker...... is it really worth saving a few quid, I know I wouldn`t- Safety first as far as kids in the back are concerened. The back window on the Surf is a constant source of trouble, once you get the switch issue sorted spray wd40 all over the mechanisims and keep well lubricated. I read somewhere on this forum that you can buy "rubber seal" conditioner that keeps the rubber soft and saves the window from sticking. good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X