Not Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Moving

HI CAN ANYONE HELP I HAVE A HILUX SURF 2.4TD 91 AUTOMATIC. GOT IN IT TONITE STARTED UP THERE WAS A CLICKING NOISE ON THE GEARSHIFT PUT IT IN TO DRIVE NOTHING HAPPENED. THERE WAS PLENTY OF POWER , TRIED REVERSE & 1,2 BUT STILL NOTHING ANY IDEAS .( MY HUSBAND & I NO NOTHING ABOUT MECHANICAL THINGS). PLEASE HELP.

Originally posted by WIBB
    HI CAN ANYONE HELP I HAVE A HILUX SURF 2.4TD 91 AUTOMATIC. GOT IN IT TONITE STARTED UP THERE WAS A CLICKING NOISE ON THE GEARSHIFT PUT IT IN TO DRIVE NOTHING HAPPENED. THERE WAS PLENTY OF POWER , TRIED REVERSE & 1,2 BUT STILL NOTHING ANY IDEAS .( MY HUSBAND & I NO NOTHING ABOUT MECHANICAL THINGS). PLEASE HELP.
    gearbox oil level could be the cause
    i would start there
    good luck hope you get it sorted (cheaply)
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Make sure the hi-low gear lever is not in neutral
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
        gearbox oil level could be the cause
        i would start there
        good luck hope you get it sorted (cheaply)

COULD IT BE EXPENSIVE THEN

Comment

Read Jotto's post above. You've probably knocked the short gear lever into neutral accidently with your knee getting in the truck, we've nearly all been caught out with that little heart-stopper!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Read Jotto's post above. You've probably knocked the short gear lever into neutral accidently with your knee getting in the truck, we've nearly all been caught out with that little heart-stopper!
            typical of me not to think of the obvious first. oh well atleast i havent changed a habit of a life time, i always look past the obvious...doh...
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

WOTS THAT

Comment

http://supak.com/simpsons/wavs/homer_simpson_32dohs.wav

especially for you John....

Comment

Originally posted by WIBB
                  WOTS THAT

Which part did you not understand?

Comment

Which part did you not understand?

SHORT GEAR LEVER WHERES THAT TOLD U I NO NOTHING ABOUT CARS

Comment

O.k. You have the main gear lever, the one that has P.R.N.D.2.1.
                      Next to that there is a shorter gearlever with H-L on the top with a button on the side of it.
                      It's this short lever that has three positions, H Neutral L Sometimes, the lever gets knocked into the neutral position by the person getting into the drivers seat's, knee. Put truck into park, then pull short lever back towards the seat, then main lever into 'D' or 'R' and all should be well.

Comment

Carole, have you sorted it?????????????? I can't sleep untill I know!

Comment

Carole, have you sorted it?????????????? I can't sleep untill I know!

THANX 4 THAT JUST TRIED IT . EVERYTHINGS OK NOW. YOU JUST DONT NO WOT THAT MEANS 2 US. MY HUSBAND SAYS HE LOVES U. THANX AGAIN XX

Comment

Working...
                          X