Photo of vac pipes etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of vac pipes etc

Can someone post a photo of the vac pipe arrangement as I've lost the trubo & it's recently had a few of theses removed so just want to check they've been put back correctly

Thanx

Originally posted by Junks
    Can someone post a photo of the vac pipe arrangement as I've lost the trubo & it's recently had a few of theses removed so just want to check they've been put back correctly

Thanx

there was a thread recently about the vac pipes, it had pics on it
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

If you didnt use the SEARCH facility here you go
      Attached Files
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Thanx guys

I did use the search but didn't find that

Comment

info

Thanx
          hello mate new to the site got a 2.4td hilux surf estate 1991 model just got it can you tell me what the idle up button is for and when to use it and also when should the turbo be kicking in mine is about 2000rpm is this ok .cheers

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
            hello mate new to the site got a 2.4td hilux surf estate 1991 model just got it can you tell me what the idle up button is for and when to use it and also when should the turbo be kicking in mine is about 2000rpm is this ok .cheers
            The idle up button is only really good for warming the car up quicker on the drive in the morning, or if you want extra juice for running a winch or jump starting another motor.

Turbo's about right, it varies slightly depending how had your pressing the go pedal.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              there was a thread recently about the vac pipes, it had pics on it
              The pic that Markey keeps wheelin' out is only good for non-EFI trucks, we need to find one for the EFI motors.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                The pic that Markey keeps wheelin' out is only good for non-EFI trucks, we need to find one for the EFI motors.

BUGGA!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

There's a few pics here -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24lteparts.htm

Check pic 9. This shows the Turbo Pressure Sensor (bottom centre of pic) and vacuum hoses. This one is often a problem and is easilly disconnected when fiddling around in engine bay.

Nev

Comment

Thanx Nifty, or can I call you Nev??

Didn't notice any difference which doesn't bode well!!

I'll check again but I don't think this is the answer - a new post with Turbo not working may be the way to go now!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HI-LUX-...QQcmdZViewItem
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanx Ian but I'm trying not to spend too much money on it as I'm getting a 3rd gen soon (I hope!!) & it's prob only worth around £2k anyway.

Can't believe its actually the turbo broken - it was working fine before the replacement pump was fitted.

Comment

I'll check again but I don't think this is the answer - a new post with Turbo not working may be the way to go now!
                          If the Turbo's spinning happily and not making nasty noises or throwing oil it's not likely to a problem.

Like nev says, the hose from the intake manifold, up the round filter clipped to the manifold and them off the sender on the air cleaner is normally the one left off.

Comment

Thanx Tony - I'd missed that one - will check again tomorrow, fingers crossed!!

The Turbo is spinning just doesn't seem to be spinning fast enough & no turbo light & I'm sure it was working before hand although it has been nearly a year since I last used it!!

Comment

Working...
                            X