A little more advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little more advice please.

Whilst driving home tonight I heard a noise like a switch turning on and then off again coming from behind the dash. I turned the stereo off to investigate and whilst my surf was idle I noticed the noise was regular every minute or so. When it sounded like a switch coming on my revs went up slighty and then down again 4 or 5 seconds later. It's driving ok but as a newbie surfer I'm a little worried something is wrong. Can anyone help?

is your surf a automatic? if so, each time you touch your brake pedal it switches a relay behind the dash making a clicking noise. - try it and see........................... .......just a thought...........??!!??

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
      is your surf a automatic? if so, each time you touch your brake pedal it switches a relay behind the dash making a clicking noise. - try it and see........................... .......just a thought...........??!!??

It is an automatic. but i was sat there in park mode with out touching the brake. I've also never noticed it before even when driving without the stereo on.

Comment

Are the revs going up to the same RPM as when you press the "idle up" button. Just a thought that the wire from your idle button may be trapped and intermittantly earthing.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Are the revs going up to the same RPM as when you press the "idle up" button. Just a thought that the wire from your idle button may be trapped and intermittantly earthing.

they're going from 750rpm up to 1000rpm. I'll have to check if its the same.

Comment

Originally posted by wendal_spanswick
            they're going from 750rpm up to 1000rpm. I'll have to check if its the same.
            sounds more like the air con goin on and off to me as if yer air con switch is on yer revs go up to 1000 and if its off they go down to 750.

the idle up switch on mine seems to take the revs higher than that ... more like 1500 rpm

Comment

Good thinking Parn. I have been so long without aircon I had forgotten about that.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X