battery dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery dead?

yesterday the surf wouldnt start...no probs b4 hand...called a/a out...the termnal on the battery has cracked...
    just took a new terminal to ats for them to fix this firstly...
    secondly they dont know what type of battery is in it ....any help?..
    i got the winter pack "twin battery" its a 92 j plate 2.4 ..jus for me to know to tell the y.t.s.ers at ats....
    zacco

What Exactly Do You Need To Know?

Comment

Been covered before and it seems no hard and fast rule as to whats fitted, a post a while back revealed different types fitted.
      The specs below are off my old 2.4
      Delco 80D26R (drivers side)
      Delco 80D26L (passenger side)

CCA................580
      Amp hr............75
      Reserve cap.....140
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Been covered before and it seems no hard and fast rule as to whats fitted, a post a while back revealed different types fitted.
        The specs below are off my old 2.4
        Delco 80D26R (drivers side)
        Delco 80D26L (passenger side)

CCA................580
        Amp hr............75
        Reserve cap.....140

KOI your a star ...thanks dude...

i just had the surf back from ats i give it a good blastin up n down the m4....we seee if it the batterys terminal or battery ..
        ive had probs with the passengers side head lamp "sometimes it wont come on " i give it a clout and its back on ...maybe its that ?

thanks all agian
        zacco

Comment

Originally posted by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91
          KOI your a star ...thanks dude...

i just had the surf back from ats i give it a good blastin up n down the m4....we seee if it the batterys terminal or battery ..
          ive had probs with the passengers side head lamp "sometimes it wont come on " i give it a clout and its back on ...maybe its that ?

thanks all agian

bummer surf didnt start after abbout 3 hrs of no use,, its gotta be a drain on the batterys somewhere?
          and that somewhere is the passenger side head light ... i think ?

question
          i took the 10 amp fuse outta the passenger side head light b4 i left it for 3 hrs .. would this stop it drainin if it is the head light?
          zacco

Comment

bummer surf didnt start after abbout 3 hrs of no use,, its gotta be a drain on the batterys somewhere?
            and that somewhere is the passenger side head light ... i think ?

question
            i took the 10 amp fuse outta the passenger side head light b4 i left it for 3 hrs .. would this stop it drainin if it is the head light?

When you say "won't start" what exactly is happening, is the starter turning,
            do the headlights work?
            It is very unlikely that a faulty headlight will drain a battery especially if the fault is that it won't come on (just a bad connection).
            Have you tried to test the battery voltage, checked connections, is the starter solenoid clicking, more information required to form any opinion.
            Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
              When you say "won't start" what exactly is happening, is the starter turning,
              do the headlights work?
              It is very unlikely that a faulty headlight will drain a battery especially if the fault is that it won't come on (just a bad connection).
              Have you tried to test the battery voltage, checked connections, is the starter solenoid clicking, more information required to form any opinion.

yes starter clicks ,,, battery voltage = nil,,, headlights driver side only works.

i turn the key ,then sometimes just 1 click off the starter ...then i try again and it clicks like mad , no other known probs
              zacco

Comment

yes starter clicks ,,, battery voltage = nil,,, headlights driver side only works.

i turn the key ,then sometimes just 1 click off the starter ...then i try again and it clicks like mad , no other known probs
                I'm getting exactly the same with mine - It was totally fine then all of a sudden the batteries went flat and just drains after each charge - garage seem to have no idea of what could be causing this

anyone please help!!

Comment

If you have the original batteries fitted, they could be knackered.

Comment

check the charge wire running from the alternator to the batteries, mine burnt out a few months back and drained the batteries
                    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

I had one battery completly fail in a very short period of time (due to age I suspect). When left for an hour or two, the better battery would discharge through the knackered battery. The symptom was that both batteries were quite warm after the Surf was taken for a long run and then parked in the drive for two hours. Surf would start right after the long run but batteries would be flat after 1 to 2 hours. I replaced both batteries.

If you want to see if your batteries have had it, take the top off each cell, turn your lights on and get someone to turn the ignition so the starter clicks. This puts a large load on the batteries. If some of the cells start fizzing, the battery has had it.
                      Last edited by saatman; 1 February 2006, 19:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X