vsv solenoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsv solenoids

Hi there, just found out about this site a few days ago, really helpfull info.
    I have recently got an old 2.4 lt jap import(g reg) which is great. The only probs I have is that the brakes go rock hard when you push hard (lack of vacuum I think) & trouble engaging/disengaging 4wd. What I have discovered thanks to info on your site is a problem with the 2 solenoids. They have both been disconnected from the little tank under the wheelarch & blanked off. With them blanked off the brakes are great but can't get 4wd. With the solenoid nearest the bulkhead unblanked 4wd engages but brakes are rubbish. Does anyone no why the solenoids would be blanked off,ie are they knackered.
    Cheers

I would imagine your solenoids are knackered, but go to 4x4toys.co.uk and ask TonyN, i'm sure he will reply if he hasn't yet read yhis thread.
    Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley
      I would imagine your solenoids are knackered, but go to 4x4toys.co.uk and ask TonyN, i'm sure he will reply if he hasn't yet read yhis thread.
      Charlie

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

It could be a problem with the vacuum pump on the back of the alternator.

Comment

Working...
        X