New Cylinder Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cylinder Head

I finally had a new head fitted to my 2.4 Surf. last summer i went to cornwall in it and after 100 miles it chucked its water out, the AA came and refilled it and said it was ok and i drove it for the next few months with no problems, untill i had it antifreezed just before christmas, and after a few days it coughed it all out of the rad and the exhaust. After speaking to every body in the civilised world i realised there was only one place to get a new head, as everyone recomended Stevo in stockport. The symptoms i have seen on the forum from other owners match mine exactly so if yours is coughing out water it is more than likely the head. Now mine is fitted the Surf has been transformed it runs so much better, and i really couldnt drive about with my eyes constantly on the temp gauge, i just watch the fuel gauge now !
    In short the head i have purchased from Stevo which is modified so no more cracks (fingers crossed) and it came with all the bits to do the job, bolts, belts, and even some fluid for the viscous fan. all in all very pleased.
    it's a blue 2.4 litre diesel monster

do these modified heads have the piece of tubing where the water holes are on the head,,as in are they bored out bigger then press tubes in? ,,,

Comment

The modified heads have a thicker wall of metal between the waterways and valve guides.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

yeh i see now i thought they meant they modified the old ones , ,

Comment

What does this lot cost?

Comment

Check STEVOS LINK out for prices
            http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR