X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear selection

Clutch pedal bleeding

Can anyone give me any pictures of the procedure

After this i'm moving on to the poor firing on start-up, by looking for air,
    at the injectors.

(I can safely identify those)
    unless anybody has any other suggestions as to why it cranks a little bit toooooo long before firing.

cheers

See the pics, get someone to sit in the drivers seat and wait till u open the bleed screw, they then push down the pedal and hold while you then close the bleed screw. Do this over and over all the while topping up at the reservoir to avoid pushing air down thru the pipes.

As for the poor starting are you ignoring the glow plug light on the dash and instead listening for a click over to the left hand side of the engine bay about 4 seconds after the light goes out? Do that and turn the key only when youve heard the click.

Good luck.
    Attached Files

Comment

click

for the poor starting are you ignoring the glow plug light on the dash

Know the heater bit, this is regardless of engine warmth, or duration of waiting.
      I thought at first, the glow' light had packed up as I coulden't see it working, but the engine was already warmed up.

thanks for pics, that at least looks an easy job to have a go at.

Comment

is your fuel filter new?

are there any signs of fuel leakage anywhere from the filter to the pump to the injectors?

Comment

#=##-5#%

I'd say filter originated from Nagasaki
          so I expect a new one together with a mug of fuel inside before fitting might be a good place to begin.

yes, good thinking
          cheers

Comment

You might also want to run some injector cleaner through the fuel system as well. In fact, check and change the air filter as well as the fuel filter if that hasn't been done either since it came over on the boat.
            Mike G

Comment

Working...
            X