ummmmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ummmmmmmm

hi peeps, reading through seems to be a lot of 2.4 heads blown, of late as a owner of one a nd touch wood, for nearly 3 years no problems as yet
    just wanted to know why it happens? can it be prevented or is it a metal thing?
    cheers ozzy

Originally posted by ozzy
    hi peeps, reading through seems to be a lot of 2.4 heads blown, of late as a owner of one a nd touch wood, for nearly 3 years no problems as yet
    just wanted to know why it happens? can it be prevented or is it a metal thing?
    cheers ozzy

from what i have read there was a design fault on the early 2.4s which was the main cause of the probs
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yep Richard is right, the water passages in the cylinder head are too close to the combustion chambers between 3 and 4 cylinders, and the casting is too thin in that area.
      Or something like that.

Comment

I've had mine for 2.5 years now and it's, touch wood, OK so far. Not all 2.4s are crackers. Not sure about some of the owners though!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

i think its the earlyier 2.4's that are suspect.
          i'm touching wood as i type this mine has overheated about 12 times once through the red, and it was all down to the viscous fan
          my advice be it good or bad is

flush the rad and system, by a new rad cap, thermostat and overhaul,lockup or replace the viscous fan.
          hope this helps
          john
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I manadged 2.5 years before mine went. There is now sure fire way of preventing it. But when it does go don't let anything other than a Stev0 head go in, and if you can, get either Stev0 or TonyN to fit it.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Whats All This About Dodgy Heads, Do They Really Go?????

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                Whats All This About Dodgy Heads, Do They Really Go?????
                i had one... but luckily they saved me with a monkey brain implant.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X