alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator

has anyone got a picture or description of where my alternator securing bolts are for adjusting belt tension.
    i can see the adjuster screw but cannt see where to slacken the alternator its self
    any help will be appreciated
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Hi John, There is a description of the alternator removal / adjustment here.....http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/alternator.htm

Mine is easy to do 'cos I've removed my air con and bashplate, so I can't remember how easy / hard a job it is for you!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Hi John, There is a description of the alternator removal / adjustment here.....http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/alternator.htm

Mine is easy to do 'cos I've removed my air con and bashplate, so I can't remember how easy / hard a job it is for you!
      the air con is a pain in the butt, it stops you from seeing the bolts i will have to nick sally's new makeup mirror so as to give me a better veiw
      john

Comment

If you have found the 12mm headed adjuster bolt you are nearly there. If you follow the long adjuster bolt with your finger you will find a 12mm headed clamp bolt just above the alternator pulley. Losen this and adjust the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley
          If you have found the 12mm headed adjuster bolt you are nearly there. If you follow the long adjuster bolt with your finger you will find a 12mm headed clamp bolt just above the alternator pulley. Losen this and adjust the belt.
          nearly
          6 inches below there is also a 14mm long headed nut that secures the alternator to its bracket i found which has to be slakened aswell, the hard bit is tensioning this bolt back up with the belts tight as its right behind the belts.
          its all done now. left engine running for 1 hour to burp the rad, the rad is still cool just shows how effecient the viscous fan is now i have topped it up
          john

Comment

Working...
          X