Rear Window stuck in Closed position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window stuck in Closed position

Hi everyone. Yes: Rear window questions...
    My rear window is closed and won't go down. I have tested that voltage is going to the motor. It doesn't work with the button in front or the key in the tailgate.
    Does anyone know if I am able get the window down manually so that I can open the back door?
    I'm guessing it is the motor that is gone, but if anyone has advice for me I am quite happy to receive. (especially as this is the season for it... )

Hi I recently had the same problem, there is a control panel behind the passenger side rear trim panal on which a relay can fail.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=rear+window

That said, it also won't operate if the rear wiper dosn't park correctly & this is what the problem was for me

Comment

You are the MANNNNN!!!!!

I used the rear wiper and the window goes up and down fine! I can't believe it was so simple. You really made my day.
      Now I'm going surfing...

Comment

lol!! I found out AFTER pulling the whole rear end apart!! Glad it worked for ya m8

Comment

Returned from MOT

Thankyou all!!! Got the car back from the MOT with a "By the way the tailgate
          won't open". I very nearly took the tailgate apart from the inside, nice enclosed working environment ?? and I was looking for a wiring diagram when....the wiper is not seated properly!! not even the dealer knew that.

Gone surfing

Comment

Working...
          X