yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Further to Glo Plug renewal - Non starter!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further to Glo Plug renewal - Non starter!!!!!

Further to the 13th December, I renewed the Glo Plugs this Saturday, froze my ******** off doing so?. I thought I would be professional and disconnected the battery..... now my surf will not start at all, the glo plugs are warming, and even if they weren't, it should have still started as it was warm anyway from being run. I am dreading that there is an immobiliser that I am not aware of which may have kicked in when I disconnected the battery. There is fuel coming through to the injectors so cannot be fuel cut off there? Has anyone experienced the same ever????

If the fuel is reaching the injectors, and the starter is working, then it should start. Have you checked the glowplug fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet?
    Have your batteries got a good charge in them as a diesel engine needs to turn over quickly to start.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/glowplugs.htm

Comment

usual problem is the washers and insulators have been put back in wrong order. try a search and check............

Comment

That's what I thought, If the fuel is there and it turns over, it should start?
        The fuse is in tact also. Cheer's for the diagram, with the new glo plugs I left off the top washer and nut and placed the insulator cap, (the one with the slotted head) straight onto the main piece, will this make a difference? Also the new plugs stick out further but only as they have more thread, I got them from roadtrax and they are the same depth?

Comment

It's down to the batteries then. Are they turning the engine over fast enough?
          Can you here the glowplug relay click just before the beep?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            It's down to the batteries then. Are they turning the engine over fast enough?
            Can you here the glowplug relay click just before the beep?
            I even had jump leads on, it was turning frantic, really got me puzzled???, looks like I may need a pro?.

It was starting previous so it must be something that occured during the renewal, the disconnection of the battery is what concerns me, there was a central locking fob and immobiliser on it previous but I had it all taken off professionally so there shouldn't be any other source stopping it firing? Is there any other source of cut off? but if fuel is spurting out of the injectors it cannot be cut off can it? It's got me fooled for sure?

Comment

I'm gonna sit back for a while and scratch my head for a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                I'm gonna sit back for a while and scratch my head for a bit!
                Mind the splinters.......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X