Hy heads go aswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hy heads go aswell

Got my surf almost 3 months ago, been back into the garage i got it from 3 times now for over heating. Had new radiator cap put on, then a new thermostat. Now they tell me my heads cracked and and its going to be expensive to fix.
    Sounds like lots of people are in the same boat.
    i like it muddy!

Originally posted by it's Jim
    Got my surf almost 3 months ago, been back into the garage i got it from 3 times now for over heating. Had new radiator cap put on, then a new thermostat. Now they tell me my heads cracked and and its going to be expensive to fix.
    Sounds like lots of people are in the same boat.

If you have not had the surf for more than 3 months the garage should pay for the work to be done as by law they have to give you 3 months warranty
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

It also sounds like it was gone when you got it and the garage had been trying the cheapest options to put it right. If the garage tries to stuff you on this you will probably have sufficient evidence by way of earlier attempts to put it right to challenge them and win if it comes to a fight in Court. Keep up the pressure on them to sort it and only accept a new modified head, then problem solved.
      Mike G

Comment

Where abouts in W.Yorks are you, and which dealer did you buy it from?

Pete

Comment

xxxxxxxly Heads

I have 2.4td and guess what all the water has blowen out of system but it has never over heated repaced stat and cap but hay , now i am taking the engine apart and looking at a test to see if there is a crack in the head.
          [FONT=Century Gothic]Paul B[/FONT]

Comment

to be honest if its cracked you will see it easy mine cracked between 3 of 4 sets of valves,,,still ran well and didnt over heat let this be a warning to you all,,,check the water in your truck every day or week.....

Comment

Heres a pic of one
              Attached Files
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X