Full service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full service

I need to do a full service on my 91 surf, I am getting the cambelt changed next week but everything else is down to me..any guides on what i need to do?
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Type "Service" into the search option. Everything you need to know is available on here.
    Mike G

Comment

Service

Ok will do

Comment

Service

Dude, I can't find service info anywhere, I have come across other service info before, but do you think I can find it when I need it...problem is there are hundreds of posts that include the word "service"...lol

Comment

just the normal things oil / air /fuel filters / oil then
          check the other fluids auto box oil / dif levels the list goes
          on to your wishes me old m8

your filter kits either Rough trax or Milners come as a set.

poppy
          GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Order Filter Kit from milners [Oil, Air and Fuel filter] about £15 + delivery
            10w/40 engine oil will do.

OIL
            Run the engine for a little while to get the oil running. Undo the nut and drain into a BIG bucket as the engine will require 6.5 to 7.5 litres depending on removal of Oil filter.

This running of engine should also loosen the Oil filter a little. Use strap or chain to unwind [oil will still be inside filter so be careful]

Replace new Oil filter by hand after running some new oil around the seal and tighten [once resistance tighten a little further by hand]

Fill back up with oil, monitoring dipstick for level

Discard of oil safely [should be taken down to your local tip for disposal]. Use an old oil botle or one of the empty plastic cans you can buy for this purpose.

FUEL
            Have bucket ready to remove Fuel filter.
            Disconnect wire to bottom of Filter from connector [normally on the wing]

Remove filter clockwise if remember correctly???[believe same as 3.0 models] using Filter Chain or Strap

After removal of filter, unwind the plastic cap [includes drain tap] using filter chain or strap [be careful not to damage it] and pour diesel into bucket

Screw back onto new Fuel filter after running a little of old diesel around seal using finger, attach filter back to filter housing, remove the Pipe marked out and pump the filter to draw fuel through. Re-attach the line once fuel drawn through. Keep pumping till the pump gets hard

Start engine and keep checking pump once again [engine off].

Dispose of diesel from filter safely

AIR FILTER
            Remove Air sensor from side of filter
            Remove catches from filter housing [normally three] and lift up the lid carefully. Replace filter lid fasten back up and re-insert sensor.
            Last edited by Gizmo; 20 December 2005, 20:22.
            Gaz

Comment

U d man

Thanks Gizmo u d man...

Comment

Nipples

Any idea on gease nipples, came across something on here once that said there were a bunch that need greasing regularly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pika1971
                  Any idea on gease nipples, came across something on here once that said there were a bunch that need greasing regularly...
                  have a look on the sun visor, it'll probably be in japanese but the pictures should make sense (i think translations are source-able on here) basicly on all propshaft joints, if you see a nipple, grease it!
                  Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Nipples

Cheers, is there any preference on grease?

Comment

Working...
                    X