Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn head Blown :(

Hi all///

yesterday my head gasket (well thats what i thought it was) blew,,later after taking the head of today(which took 6 hours onmy own) i noticed the head was cracked between 3 of the four sets of valves....(bugger)..
    Next i took the head to get crack tested turns out its had it,,,so a new head it will be.....i phoneed about here in nz today an the best price i could get on an original bare 2lt was $850 nz...i was stoked...a guy i know is gonna strip my old as it all looks fine and swap onto the other for $200 all seated and everything ,plus he's gonna sort out all my gasets and studs for about another $200 all in all i think it gonna come to about $1800 all in....WARNING....
    when my trucks head went it was very subtle...i blew a tiny ammount or steam out the back for about 10 secs on tickover then it through a load out the header tank(which could be mistaken for a knackered cap) only if you didnt notice the steam out the back that is ......
    the truck ran fine sounded fine and even kept temperature in heater and engine(didnt rise a bit) thats what confused me .....
    well its late,i hope this made sence,and ill post soem pics when i get my new head,,,,WHEN,,,,, lol night all,,
    the sarger continues.......

ha

spelling and grammer is not my strong point tonight sorry all. :P

Comment

Make sure your new head is of a uprated design, the original head have very poor thermal effiecency, (meaning they crack if the sun comes out) or you'll be back to square one in the future.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

ok cheers,,basically its a toyota head from the dealer..im sure they will mknow what there doing but if not ill ask anyway cheers man

Comment

well that was quick ,,, i have finished fixing my truck ,,,, the new head arrived new and assembled and ready to fit... me and a mate put it back on and it is all running smooth as(well as smooth as a derv gets lol)

Just thought id drop this note to say im happy as larry,,,also to say happy christmas and a happy new year to you all....

Comment

Working...
          X