OIL.... from somewhere.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIL.... from somewhere.....

Ok .... first a confession, I know very little about Diesels, so excuse me if my description is poor.

there is a 3" diameter pipe running from the turbo to the inlet manifold, an ally constructed thing with the throttle linkage on it. This ally thing is bolted to the mainfold ...... there appears to be oil or fuel leaking around this gasket, or it is coming from higher up and running onto it. Thing is, where is it coming from ?
    I have a dreadful feeling it might be coming from the turbo ?? any suggestions or is this a garage job ?
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Nothing much to worry about mate, Mine had oil around there when I first got my truck. Just take the rubber pipe off, and the 'EFI' tube and give them a clean out with 'Jizer' or any engine de-greaser. Mine has stayed clean since I done it.

p.s. Although the 'EFI' tube comes off easy, it's a bitch to get back on. Try revising some expletives tonight ready for when you take it off tomorrow.

Comment

Thanx Vince... will let you know how I get on... would you like a running log of the expletives used ?
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Yes, it would be helpful to anybody else doing their glowplug change 'cos you got to remove the tube when you do them.

Comment

Working...
        X