Is this taking the ****?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this taking the ****?

In early July my 2.4 ssx r threw a timing belt! Result A couple of valves and a shim knackered. After the repairs were complete, the garage rang to say that further work was now needed as the blocks were not torquing up to the correct pressure, and needed to be helios? coiled? Yesterday they rang to say that they have put the engine in but can't get it started, unless they put a manual pump in as there seems to be a problem with the ECU? which they think is caused by the alarm system being wired into it! But would'nt this of gave me problems after the alarm was installed? The vehicle was running fine until it threw the belt, do you think this garage is having me off?
    What might the problem be?

Originally posted by Hawkmaster
    In early July my 2.4 ssx r threw a timing belt! Result A couple of valves and a shim knackered. After the repairs were complete, the garage rang to say that further work was now needed as the blocks were not torquing up to the correct pressure, and needed to be helios? coiled? Yesterday they rang to say that they have put the engine in but can't get it started, unless they put a manual pump in as there seems to be a problem with the ECU? which they think is caused by the alarm system being wired into it! But would'nt this of gave me problems after the alarm was installed? The vehicle was running fine until it threw the belt, do you think this garage is having me off?
    What might the problem be?

I take it you havn't got gullable pr4t tattoo'd accross your forhead?
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

erm ditto him who I think has a blue one......

This'll be the famous Bangit & Blaggit garage?
      Last edited by DaveD; 29 November 2005, 14:17.

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveD]erm ditto him who I think has a blue one......

blue tatoos....nah!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

problem is the all too often spotted pikies... they not got a clue, take the plod round there with a tow truck and get your baby out of there, they definataly on a wallet emptying mission.
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I assume you mean helicoils (they repairs stripped threads) in the cam bearing blocks.

Can't see how a bent valve will affect any other part of the engine, assuming the piston survived the impact, but that should have been checked while the head was off.

Maybe they've got the fuel lines mixed up, or the fuel pump primer isn't working very well.

A manual fuel pump won't just fit in a EFI truck, you won't have the linkage connections for a start, and all the ECU setting will be fawked up.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Name the garage

Hi l am from Liverpool as well and run a garage, we have had several "SURF,s" in that have had work done some where else and have had problems afterwards.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

I agree with that lot- you are being taken for a ride. They may need to heli-coil some threads because they've stripped them, but that shouldn't cost too much.

Comment

Working...
                X