Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo prob

hi all
    took my much beloved surf for a regular service today as the oil filter was leakin....took ATS all day for them to figger out how to get the oil filter out.
    i told them how by the diagrams on this **** hot site...
    NOW for the serious side and the questions...
    drove the jeep outta the garage and the turbo was makin a rattle and a whistlin noise followed by a thuddy noise and then light was going off ...
    N E answers would be gratefull ...ive had no problems with the turbo since ive had it.... they told me that they had to pull leads and tubes out to try in get the oil filter out ... what could have they done ?

this is the last i need now as the jeep has only jus recovered from a cylinder head crack witch i now is a common falut ,,£1500 .

do you think its something they have "played" with ? and broke if so they are responsible ?
    thanks agian if u reply to this thread ....once agaian this is a brill site keep up the brill work......
    NO ...not at all
    67.74%
    YES...completey
    0%
    maybe..but should stay to tyres exausts and brakes
    22.58%
    who knows who jus come outta school had a job with em
    9.68%
    zacco

Sounds like theyve dislodged one of your Vacuum hoses.
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91
      hi all
      took my much beloved surf for a regular service today as the oil filter was leakin....took ATS all day for them to figger out how to get the oil filter out.
      i told them how by the diagrams on this **** hot site...
      NOW for the serious side and the questions...
      drove the jeep outta the garage and the turbo was makin a rattle and a whistlin noise followed by a thuddy noise and then light was going off ...
      N E answers would be gratefull ...ive had no problems with the turbo since ive had it.... they told me that they had to pull leads and tubes out to try in get the oil filter out ... what could have they done ?

this is the last i need now as the jeep has only jus recovered from a cylinder head crack witch i now is a common falut ,,£1500 .

do you think its something they have "played" with ? and broke if so they are responsible ?
      thanks agian if u reply to this thread ....once agaian this is a brill site keep up the brill work......
      I WOULD SAY SO
      removal of the oil filter is pretty easy when you know how, all they had to do was look under your drivers side wheel arch level with the filter you see a plate that can be removed by a few bolts to gain access to the filter i suspect they aint put it back together right

Comment

the turbo comin in at 2k revs then cutin out at 2k 1/4 revs the defo played with hoses but would there be N E damage to it by them doing this?
        zacco

Comment

the turbo comin in at 2k revs then cutin out at 2k 1/4 revs the defo played with hoses but would there be N E damage to it by them doing this?
          shouldnt be a problem - you might have to retrace them to connect them up right.. Have a look to see if there are any loose ones?

I bet that they tried to get it out through the engine first!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

they did try and get the filter out thou the top of the engine they told me about it and i told them how to do it via the arch gurads. total idots ATS .....YTS it should be called young thick and stupid.
            i think ill be doing my own servicin for now on.
            thanks all for answers ATS
            zacco

Comment

monday blues

took the surf back to ats .... full 1/2 mile whitey blue smoke turbo still not workin and still rattilng like a mudda fudda

got any ideas for these YTS guys at ATS?

much needed info
              zacco

Comment

gasket paper

jus phoned YTS they said "the gaskets gone on the turbo pipe ? and they jus phoned therer suppliers and this is wot they need is gasket paper "

i was jus wondrin if n e 1 got n e leadin info on this?

thanks for this guys

they r not chargin me so thats a releif

>>ATS
                zacco

Comment

So removing some rubber hoses and putting them back wrong, or not at all, to facilitate removal of the oil filter, has buggered the turbo gasket?????????????

Clearly your truck did not leave their premises in the same usable condition that it went in. Some sort of formal / legal complaint is needed here to get your vehicle back in a drivable condition. They were only changing the oil for christ sakes!
                  I would leave it with them, make sure you're not left without a means of transport, and get them to put it right.
                  If you do, make a note of the milage first.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    So removing some rubber hoses and putting them back wrong, or not at all, to facilitate removal of the oil filter, has buggered the turbo gasket?????????????

Clearly your truck did not leave their premises in the same usable condition that it went in. Some sort of formal / legal complaint is needed here to get your vehicle back in a drivable condition. They were only changing the oil for christ sakes!
                    I would leave it with them, make sure you're not left without a means of transport, and get them to put it right.
                    If you do, make a note of the milage first.

hey thanks for the support dude
                    got the milage or kilometerage in my case , will leave it till tomorrow till i ask for other transport means , and I WILL get them to put my baby surf back to her orginal perfection ,,,
                    i only jus got the head sorted and payed up by the supplier " trade car centre wales " 2 weeks ago ....which took the surf off the road for 2 mths,,
                    so the last thing i need is this now
                    zacco

Comment

got any ideas for these YTS guys at ATS?
                      any idea would be one more than they have between them!!!
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You could try threatening them with a bottle of Oxy 10!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          You could try threatening them with a bottle of Oxy 10!
                          i was thinkin of tellin theyer mums about all this /..... lol....

jus phoned them yts.ers.... turbo unit blowen.....new turbo arrivin at 330 pm so i cant see me havin the surf back to day....
                          asked about a curtisy car they said that they dont do em .... but they assured me that itll be back on the road by tomorrow.

never mind gettin something for nothin agian ...new turbo
                          zacco

Comment

Bunch of mindless jerks who will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                              Bunch of mindless jerks who will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
                              GO GIRL .... ATS ...
                              thanks for the support.
                              zacco

Comment

Working...
                              X