Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deer deer

Hi All

When you think all is going well little things are sent to try us.

I called my dear wife the other night and left her a message She'd taken the Surf to work.

me, " please call me before you come home dear".

Phone rang," Hello dear thanks for calling we need bread and milk"

Wife," well we don't need meet."

me " why,"

wife ," co's I hit a deer dear can you come and shoot it it's really badly hurt."

me," how bad is oh the surf dear no damage It just hit the side of me."

me," ok I'll be 10mins".

When I arrived the deer had been caught by the front near side wing and bonnet, it missed the bull bars broke it's front legs and then proceeded to reek it's revenge by using its rear legs to kick the s**t out of the near side of the surf.

I quickly dispatched the deer it doesn't normally take so many rounds !!!

Any how I now need a new bonnet n/s wing the wee wing mirror, the n/s steps under the surf the rear quarter bumper and rear arch are damaged.

do you think the insurance will write it off otherwise the thing was in mint condition.

If they do write it off can these parts be got easily.

CHeers
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Originally posted by Highlander1
    Hi All

When you think all is going well little things are sent to try us.

I called my dear wife the other night and left her a message She'd taken the Surf to work.

me, " please call me before you come home dear".

Phone rang," Hello dear thanks for calling we need bread and milk"

Wife," well we don't need meet."

me " why,"

wife ," co's I hit a deer dear can you come and shoot it it's really badly hurt."

me," how bad is oh the surf dear no damage It just hit the side of me."

me," ok I'll be 10mins".

When I arrived the deer had been caught by the front near side wing and bonnet, it missed the bull bars broke it's front legs and then proceeded to reek it's revenge by using its rear legs to kick the s**t out of the near side of the surf.

I quickly dispatched the deer it doesn't normally take so many rounds !!!

Any how I now need a new bonnet n/s wing the wee wing mirror, the n/s steps under the surf the rear quarter bumper and rear arch are damaged.

do you think the insurance will write it off otherwise the thing was in mint condition.

If they do write it off can these parts be got easily.

CHeers
    hi at least the misses is ok
    you can get the bonnet and wing from milners /Wing=£30 and bonnet £48/the bumper end is £68.82
    not sure about the step and wheel arch tho
    hth
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      you can get the bonnet and wing from milners /Wing=£30 and bonnet £48/the bumper end is £68.82
      hth
      Magic thanks for such a quick response.

I am really glad my wife Jan was in the Surf rather than our old motor she might not have been so lucky.

If that had been any other motor it would definatley have been a write off. I was expecting to find the Surf parts would be so expensive that it would have meant a possible write off.
      The front wing for my old Toyota Carina was well over £300s to replace so I didn't bother to get a new ones I just welded the old ones up.

can we get the wee wing mirror as well ?

Cheers John

Comment

Magic thanks for such a quick response.

I am really glad my wife Jan was in the Surf rather than our old motor she might not have been so lucky.

If that had been any other motor it would definatley have been a write off. I was expecting to find the Surf parts would be so expensive that it would have meant a possible write off.
        The front wing for my old Toyota Carina was well over £300s to replace so I didn't bother to get a new ones I just welded the old ones up.

Cheers John
        probably have to source one thru a breaker somewhere.if you want the paint to respray the new panels Milners will need the color code too

Comment

Cheers John
          if its new panels i'd have a bung fitted or filled then painted.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Mmmmm me thinks a plate of venison a coming up
            GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
              Mmmmm me thinks a plate of venison a coming up
              heres a thing, if you run over a deer your not allowed to eat it, but the next bloke who comes along can pick it up and have it for tea.

damm lucky the next bloke along brought a gun!!!!!!
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

If you're talking about the strange little mirror on the end of the wing that I can see no particular use for then mine is sitting in my kitchen if you want it. . .

maroon off a 2nd gen, let me know your address and you can have it for a twix and a mars bar.

Matt
                mcdatkinson@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amedias
                  If you're talking about the strange little mirror on the end of the wing that I can see no particular use for then mine is sitting in my kitchen if you want it. . .

maroon off a 2nd gen, let me know your address and you can have it for a twix and a mars bar.

Matt
                  mcdatkinson@hotmail.com
                  Thanks Matt email has been sent to you.

This following recipe is not for vegie surfers

THE SWEET TASTE OF REVENGE GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Having used Surf to tenderise your venison
                  Gralaich before taking home using an alternative mode of transport to avoid Spoiling carpet on Surfs tail gate.
                  Remove outer garment to expose carcase.
                  Cut down rib cage and remove heart with liver and kidneys.
                  cut heart and fill with chestnut stuffing tie with butchers string.
                  Slice liver and kidneys marinade in red wine and roll in scots porridge oats.
                  Prepare tatties roast and and boil rest with a pinch of rosemary.
                  Roast some tatties on tray with peppers, parsnips, carrots and onions.
                  When nearly done place heart, kidneys and liver in oven and cook till tender.
                  Cut some thick prime cuts of meat from selected hind quarter and lightly grill to desired taste medium rare for me.
                  Prepare mushrooms with white wine and pepper sauce.
                  When everything is cooked enjoy your meal and wash down with your chosen tipple Lagavulin 16yr old Islay malt was my choise been saving it for a special occasion.

It's a case of finding the good things from the bad.

Comment

Yum!! can you post some of that!!!!

Thanks Matt email has been sent to you.

This following recipe is not for vegie surfers

THE SWEET TASTE OF REVENGE GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Having used Surf to tenderise your venison
                    Gralaich before taking home using an alternative mode of transport to avoid Spoiling carpet on Surfs tail gate.
                    Remove outer garment to expose carcase.
                    Cut down rib cage and remove heart with liver and kidneys.
                    cut heart and fill with chestnut stuffing tie with butchers string.
                    Slice liver and kidneys marinade in red wine and roll in scots porridge oats.
                    Prepare tatties roast and and boil rest with a pinch of rosemary.
                    Roast some tatties on tray with peppers, parsnips, carrots and onions.
                    When nearly done place heart, kidneys and liver in oven and cook till tender.
                    Cut some thick prime cuts of meat from selected hind quarter and lightly grill to desired taste medium rare for me.
                    Prepare mushrooms with white wine and pepper sauce.
                    When everything is cooked enjoy your meal and wash down with your chosen tipple Lagavulin 16yr old Islay malt was my choise been saving it for a special occasion.

It's a case of finding the good things from the bad.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      hth
                      Richard

Do you have a contact address or phone number for Milners. My repair centre are struggling with some bits. The insurance company want to get a value on the truck co's they think it should be written off.

Ha -Ho another insurance company battle Iv'e only ever made claims about 4 time in my entire life from road accident to ceilings coming down in my house due to flooding but it's always been the same for excuse after excuse then months of no progress. finally after threats to sue etc I get the work carried out the excess goes through the roof and your left wondering why you bother with insurance in the first place.

They agreed to insure the thing for 5k if they now say it's only worth 3.5 and the works going to be in that region there must be someone out there who would do an agreed value then if the wheel comes off no worries you know it will get done.

I will ask then to supply me with a low mileage truck direct fron japan which is in mint condition with new Stevo head fitted I wonder if they will get any change out of 6k.

Cheers JB on the moan

Comment

Deer 1 - Peugeot 307 0

Did an inspection on a new 307 CC Peugeot today , only 759 miles on clock . She hit a deer on nsf . Lets say the deer had the last laugh . It ran off and left the 'plastic fantastic' in pieces . Repair for this one will be around £2500 . Tough animal the deer , unless cooked by your good self !
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                          Did an inspection on a new 307 CC Peugeot today , only 759 miles on clock . She hit a deer on nsf . Lets say the deer had the last laugh . It ran off and left the 'plastic fantastic' in pieces . Repair for this one will be around £2500 . Tough animal the deer , unless cooked by your good self !
                          Just off phone insurance company assessor states that because the rear bumper has a historical scratch on it they won't repair the dent and have it resprayed. the rear door has a stone chip also historical so they won't spray the door or repair new scratches on it.

I expect after a few weeks progress may be made.

Anyone got a dent free second hand rear n/s quarter bumper for sale !

Comment

Richard

Do you have a contact address or phone number for Milners. My repair centre are struggling with some bits. The insurance company want to get a value on the truck co's they think it should be written off.

Ha -Ho another insurance company battle Iv'e only ever made claims about 4 time in my entire life from road accident to ceilings coming down in my house due to flooding but it's always been the same for excuse after excuse then months of no progress. finally after threats to sue etc I get the work carried out the excess goes through the roof and your left wondering why you bother with insurance in the first place.

They agreed to insure the thing for 5k if they now say it's only worth 3.5 and the works going to be in that region there must be someone out there who would do an agreed value then if the wheel comes off no worries you know it will get done.

I will ask then to supply me with a low mileage truck direct fron japan which is in mint condition with new Stevo head fitted I wonder if they will get any change out of 6k.

Cheers JB on the moan

www.milneroffroad.com 01629734411

Comment

Just off phone insurance company assessor states that because the rear bumper has a historical scratch on it they won't repair the dent and have it resprayed. the rear door has a stone chip also historical so they won't spray the door or repair new scratches on it.

I expect after a few weeks progress may be made.

Anyone got a dent free second hand rear n/s quarter bumper for sale !

I understand that 'historical' damage can be bartered with them, they try betterment - if it aint rusty how do they know? or were you honest (& foolish) enough to say they were damaged before the accident?
                              All I had to do was to come to agreement on a figure for betterment after repair. the whole principal of insurance is to return whatever to the state it was before the incident, if as a result you gain then it is not unreasonable to expect to pay for that, what is unreasonable is for them not to return the pannels to their previous state. Every repair unless to a brand new vehicle will have a degree of betterment - you just have to minimise your contribution - exactly what they are trying to do.
                              Good luck in your battle!
                              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X