central locking newbie needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central locking newbie needs help

I've got a 93 ssr g 2.4td, the central locking works fine from the remote but only locks sporadically from the drivers switch and never unlocks . Any Ideas on how to track down the fault.

I'm now very worried about the head problems in the 2.4 and whish I'd found this site before parting with me cash. The water in the coolant system does not spurt out of the open rad cap when started but is there any other indicators to a blown head

Originally posted by cygnet
    I've got a 93 ssr g 2.4td, the central locking works fine from the remote but only locks sporadically from the drivers switch and never unlocks . Any Ideas on how to track down the fault.

I'm now very worried about the head problems in the 2.4 and whish I'd found this site before parting with me cash. The water in the coolant system does not spurt out of the open rad cap when started but is there any other indicators to a blown head

not to sure on the central locking probs mate.

don't worry about the head "problems" - I've had a 2.4 for nearly a year now, I have overheated it several times through breakdowns and other probs - the head hads never gone once!

The reason it seems so bad is because its covered so much and so often. If you have a look at the head poll it'll give you a better idea.

to put a bt more light onto it - Your truck could have 1 of 2 heads - the standard one - 99.9% probability it'll crack if overheated or the new mod'd one. Basically the new mod'd one is thicker. If the head on yours does go whilst you have it get a new one from stevo on here - he's only in stockport. worst case scenario your looking at about 1k and it'll never go again!

Don't worry - it might never happen!!

Good luck with your new surf - Don't buy ball bearings or sunvisor translations off ebay and anything you intend to buy for it or anything anyone tells you about it - double check on ere 1st - you'll save a fortune!
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

the cental locking is of a type known as positive/negative trigger

question 1. does it operate perfect from inside the car using the door lock /unlock button beside the lecky window switches

if yes you prob lies on the switch for the door lock and nowhere else
      if no remove the switch bank from the armrest unplug the white connector,,, roughly in the middle theres two black wires,, i think one has red and the other yellow on it,,, check with a meter they will both read 12v (or so) the way it works is one is uded to lock and the other lock
      they do this by dropping to zero volts, only one or other mind. and you can check this operation mith a multimeter if its ok here,, its still the actuator on the door lock

cheers

marc

Comment

any pbrobs with door switches is usually down to broken wires were they go from the door to the car by the hinges, take door card off and check

re- head, get the viscous fan changed, locked up or oil changed asap IT SORTED MINE OUT £10 of silicone oil and an hour of time
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
        X