UNDERheating problem?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNDERheating problem?!

far form the usual overheating problems with 2.4's, my surf DOESN'T heat up?! I have done 500 miles in it this weekend, in stints of 150-200 miles...and the ONLY time the temp gauge actually even went onto the grading on the gauge was after ten mins at about 75mph on the A1...as soon as i slowed down again, the temp followed and back off the bottom of the gauge.

This also seems conducive to the fact that the heater only ever gets luke-warm...never the raging inferno I had invisiged.

This has only happened since i drained and refilled the coolant system when I replaced the fuel pump seal. Before, the temp would sit forever at about 1/4 - 1/3 temp.

Is it the thermostat?

thanks for any replies!
    The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Originally posted by Chiko
    far form the usual overheating problems with 2.4's, my surf DOESN'T heat up?! I have done 500 miles in it this weekend, in stints of 150-200 miles...and the ONLY time the temp gauge actually even went onto the grading on the gauge was after ten mins at about 75mph on the A1...as soon as i slowed down again, the temp followed and back off the bottom of the gauge.

This also seems conducive to the fact that the heater only ever gets luke-warm...never the raging inferno I had invisiged.

This has only happened since i drained and refilled the coolant system when I replaced the fuel pump seal. Before, the temp would sit forever at about 1/4 - 1/3 temp.

Is it the thermostat?

thanks for any replies!
    YES M8 COULD BE THERMOSTAT STUCK OPEN........
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

get it changed asap and keep cheking your coolant.
      if its not completely full it will give a false reading.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

thanks for the quick replies chaps..new thermostat is now winging its way to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiko
          thanks for the quick replies chaps..new thermostat is now winging its way to me.
          sounds like an air lock near the thermostat as this is where the temp sender is located or your thermostat is stuck open

check out my post

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...057#post146057

hope it helps you
          marc
          Last edited by tigger; 16 November 2005, 17:42. Reason: update

Comment

thanks marc, great idea.

I'll look at doing that at the same time!

Comment

Working...
            X