engine noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine noise?

1990 2.4 manual ltd. 85000 miles. Has a loud droning noise that comes in at about 13000 revs and goes at about 17000 revs. Could it be exhaust gasket or manifold or some sort of engine ware?
    Any thoughts appreciated.

Originally posted by Foxhill
    1990 2.4 manual ltd. 85000 miles. Has a loud droning noise that comes in at about 13000 revs and goes at about 17000 revs. Could it be exhaust gasket or manifold or some sort of engine ware?
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    If your getting to 13000 revs, any noise will be exploding engine parts!!!! Need to lose a 0

Hard to diagnose engine noises online, check exhaust for leaks, then Turbo or any splits in the intake hoses.

Does it do it all the time, free reving or driving (under load) etc.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry about the extra 0, I meant 1300-1700. It is noisy enough to vibrate throughout the interior even when stationary but fades away at 1700 revs. I will check the exhaust again in more detail and look at the turbo. I put 3 washers on turbo waste gate a few months ago, its been recently serviced and starts and runs better than ever. I've had it about 18 months now without any serious probs so far, although I love this web site I sometimes feel it makes me paranoid about whats going to happen next.

Comment

Working...
      X