X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what Immobiliser was fitted to a 92 2.4td

new owner
    2.4 td 92 toyota surf
    Any ideas as to what type of immobiliser was fitted to this vehicle, it has a grey remote which has two buttons one is a panic alarm and the other opens and locks the doors, it also seems to immobilise the car after a while and you need to re lock and open the doors before it starts, Any ideas.
    My insurance company want to know.
    Last edited by cygnet; 9 November 2005, 18:42.

Hi, I don't think they were fitted straight from the factory, but most people have had their own fitted for insurance purposes.
    I have a Toad alarm fited which is thatcham cat1 which the insurance companies recognise.

Comment

Most are only asking for a Cat2 now...
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17646
      This thread mentions some of the popular alarms fitted and Shelley posted an ad that will help you to know what to look for under the bonnet......

Comment

GT Alarms

Hi, Mine is a GT Alarms unit which was fitted to my 2.4 TD by the previous owner. There was only one remote with the car, but I bought another from GT Alarms and programmed it myself. try them, only detail I have on me is www.gtalarms.co.uk that gives a phone number, if you have no luck with that, I can look up my invoice and let you know the phone number I dealt with. I think it is CAT 2.

Comment

Working...
        X