Heated fuel cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated fuel cat

Hep peps, Just purchased myself one of these last week. I have a 2.4L and am looking for a u-bend section of heater hose. Anyone have any tips on the installation of them on a 2.4L. Have been told a bit smoother going into a 3.0L. So if you have put one in the mentioned model and wanna share your wisdom give me a shout. Look forward to replies.

Originally posted by xhangar18
    Hep peps, Just purchased myself one of these last week. I have a 2.4L and am looking for a u-bend section of heater hose. Anyone have any tips on the installation of them on a 2.4L. Have been told a bit smoother going into a 3.0L. So if you have put one in the mentioned model and wanna share your wisdom give me a shout. Look forward to replies.
    Yep I got one and fitted it in about 30 mins..(after about 1 hour of talking and kicking tyres with the other surfing nutters)
    But it is realy easy and I will post some piccies later when it stops raining and Ive cleaned the mud off from this weekends playing.
    I assume you got the T PIECES and jubile clips.
    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:27.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Where, do i get a cat, hoses and T pieces from and how much,
      I have a 2.4 auto as well ???.
      Regards
      Kev.
      2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
        Where, do i get a cat, hoses and T pieces from and how much,
        I have a 2.4 auto as well ???.
        Go see Tonyn and Linda @ www.4x4toys.co.uk
        or send him a PM thats if his pm box is empty which I doubt.
        Last edited by sumo; 7 November 2005, 18:50.
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Thanks m8.
          Regards
          Kev.
          2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
            Yep I got one and fitted it in about 30 mins..(after about 1 hour of talking and kicking tyres with the other surfing nutters)
            But it is realy easy and I will post some piccies later when it stops raining and Ive cleaned the mud off from this weekends playing.
            I assume you got the T PIECES and jubile clips.

Cheers for the piccies, but mine is a 1993 Kreg. Seems that the in and out of the heater matris are different. I am looking for a u-bend heater hose to get to the out hose from the heater. Tony N are you there? If so could you tell me what you use when isatlling yours. Cheers

Comment

dragging up old threads.... where do you get the t pieces? and what diameter is the fuel line? ta very much.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Motorists shops of even Halfords sell them. They're usually in packets hanging on the racks where the fuses and clips and other small stuff are.
                Oh and I think the pipes are half inch internal diameter.

Comment

stuff me! i didnt even think of looking there! halfords really are rather good, arent they?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yeah, except for their staff!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Yeah, except for their staff!
                      I just look around for the one who has been still for the longest and play join the dots on their face.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

i mounted mine upside down and i think its pretty neat. u dont need any weird shaped pipes if you chop the originals up.
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                          i mounted mine upside down and i think its pretty neat. u dont need any weird shaped pipes if you chop the originals up.
                          dirtydog,
                          Could you please show some pic's how to fit to the 2.4
                          As i was wondering how it would fit to mine, and where to take fuel pipe from.
                          i understand it fits to the fuel filter but there is two pipes on it
                          And how the water pipes go i know i'm asking a lot of you mate but
                          It all sounds so confusing
                          thanks
                          kev.

P.s i'm by no means a mechanic so please bare with me.
                          Regards
                          Kev.
                          2.4 black beast

Comment

here u go... was going to add them earlier but didnt have time
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dirtydog; 22 March 2006, 00:56.
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

snigger! You left the 'r' and 'k' out of one of those words Tim.

Comment

Working...
                              X