100% Biodiesel in 2LTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% Biodiesel in 2LTE

I've been reading up on biodiesel recently and have made a few trial batches. Before I go too much further along this path, does anybody know if the L130 2LTE will be adversely affected by biodiesel. The main question is the seals in the fuel pump and the fuel lines. Do we know if they are rubber, or a slightly different compound - brand name I believe is 'viton'?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks
    John

Originally posted by johnmckinney
    does anybody know if the L130 2LTE will be adversely affected by biodiesel. The main question is the seals in the fuel pump and the fuel lines. Do we know if they are rubber, or a slightly different compound - brand name I believe is 'viton'?

John

Please keep us posted John. I don't know the answer but want to find out too. I think this might be one for Toyota to answer.

I think I heard that cars post '95 are fine, which still leaves a lot of us questioning - I am '93.

So not much help and not sure who to ask. Is the key point the use of rubber in the hoses do you know? Anyhow, when you find out, please tell!

Peterg

Comment

check the vegoil thread in general section
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Been using mine on about 30% mix veg/diesel, everything ok for about 2 months, and then sprung a fuel leak at the injector pump. Couldn't see where it was coming from so kept the tank level low on 100% diesel for 2 weeks whilst waiting for inspiration to fit new seal kit. looks like the seals have shrunk back to normal in the mean time and the leak has stopped. Anyone else had this?
        [SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic]I can fix it...it won't be cheap.........or pretty![/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
        X