Speaker enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker enclosure

Anyone got ideas as to an enclosure i could make for some 6x9 speakers. I don't really want to cut any bits out of the surf so if i could screw something on somewhere that will hold the speaker that would be great.

Also, is it possible to fit an amp into one of the cubby holes on the rear sides? any ideas?

Thanks for your help guys. This site is great.

why don't you use components that fit in the original holes?
    much better than 6x9s and no need for holes to be cut!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thats what i'd do if i was buying new speakers. Unfortunately, the 6x9s are from my previous car and they're too good to be chucked or left on the shelf.

I did buy a pair of speakers which fit into the front today though. Just need to fit the 6x9s in somehow.

Comment

best bet probably to make some small boxes for them... and use plugs so tou can easily connect / disconnect them
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

make a enclosure from mdf,very good for speakers as its dense and wont vibrate

Comment

or remove the side panels.
            remove the enclosures for the rear speakers...
            Make up a mount board. and squeeze the 6x9's in there...
            side trim back on... noone is the wiser.

Comment

As Andy says, I done this with mine as I to had a load of stuff from previous car. Bit of sqeeze but no one can see them. Also put auto changer in place of one of the storage pocs in rear.
              Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.

How exactly do you make a mount board and how would the mount board be fixed onto the vehicle?

Sorry if I sound thick. I'm not very technically minded.

Comment

Mount board...

or better... speaker baffle...

External dimensions needs to copy existing speaker... (enclosure for the rear on 2nd gen)

Internal dimension should be the mounting hole for your chosen speaker (6x9 in this instance).

Depending on space... mount the speaker on the back of this board... (cos there isn't much room in front), wire up the speaker, then mount the board onto the original speaker enclosure mounts.

Plenty of other posts about re-wiring (unwiring) the built in amp... so see those.

remount your side panels and bob is your auntie's husband.

PS. if you complete your profile, we could give you specific information on your vehicle... and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen's vary considerably...

Comment

Originally posted by ssray
                    make a enclosure from mdf,very good for speakers as its dense and wont vibrate

bit like the missus!
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X