clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch

hi every one can any one give me some info on changing the clutch on my 92 2.4 . the thrush bearing is starting to rattle so thought i would change the whole lot while i was at it just not sure were to start .is it a big job ( engine out ) or can i drop the box from underneath without taking engine out

My rattle turned out to be the springs in the dual mass flywheel (breaking apart).
    I am in the process of replacing the springs and installing a new clutch at the same time.

Comment

It comes out from underneath, just remove the propshafts, exhaust where it loops under the gear box, the slave cylinder, gear levers, plugs on gearbox, etc, put a jack under the gearbox and remove the crossmember, then lower the jack untill you can see all the bellhousing bolts.

When doing it solo on the floor, I take the t/case off first, then most of the bellhousing bolts, remove the jack (wedge the engine sump on the diff with a lump of wood to support the back end), use a jack or lay under the gearbox and remove the last bolts, and gently slide/lift the gearbox out and onto the floor.

Then you can remove the clutch. Check the 2 peice flywheel is not buggered before putting it back together.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X