4wd not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd not turning on

hi guys i own a surf 2.4 td with the button to turn on 4wd in the cab..my prob is when i press the button it does not engage or disengage 4wd,,the only way i can get 4wd is by going under the hood and turning the vac hoses about and then to get it out of 4wd i turn them back around9actually 1 is left of all together :p ) i need help any ideas would be great,,i have read all the guff here on add ect and basically it has not helped...please please please jim will you fix it for me lol,,thanks guys

4WD is actuated by some vacuum relays - have alook under the drivers side wheel arch there is a small vacuum tank. Sounds like either the relay is not working, a pipe is off or the 4WD ECU is not working right.

Comment

hi all,
      mine keeps sticking in 4wd, thought the vacume/solunoid could be the problem till i took it to get some new rubber on the front. i got the car about 3 weeks ago and had'nt noticed till the tyre fitted pointed it out, i'd got 31's on the front and 32's on the rear!! now it does'nt take a gynoengineer to work out one will turn faster than the other, so i had 4 new tyres fitted ( to save the diff as well sort the 'if i get a rear puncture i'm shafted' problem!) and hey presto! drops in and out of 4wd like a good 'un!! i presume thing's were'nt lineing quite correctly and this was causing my problem.
      probably not going to help you out much, but you never know...

cheers
      andy.

Comment

had a look lucky everything seams ok,,,,like i say i can maually do it by going under bonnet and turning the piupes around,,,pipes even lol but this makes no sence grrrr thanks anyway lol

Comment

Working...
        X