New Surf Owner. I Need Some Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf Owner. I Need Some Help!

Hi everybody. I would like to start by saying what a great site this is. Although being a first time Surf owner it's given me the willy's. I find myself turning down the radio and opening the window to listen to the engine every five minutes. I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid but lately I have been experiencing a lot of vibrations coming from the engine.

1) The 4x4 stick seems to vibrate a lot where just a month ago it did not move at all.
    2) Another problem is when I brake hard and come to a stop there is a load vibrating noise that sounds like it comes from just behind the steering wheel. If I release the break and reapply it the noise goes away.
    3) The small fan at the front of the radiator stays on all the time, even if the key is turned but the engine is not running. About 3 weeks ago it did not come on at all.

I have not experienced any loss of fluids and the temp gauge always sits in the middle. Oil pressure is good, needle sits on the first line and moves to the second when I put my foot down.

Does anybody have any suggestions?? Can anybody recommend a good mechanic in the West London area that knows the Surf well??

as your in west london and near the M3 your best bet is to pay a visit to Tony, if there is a problem he will fix it and wont rip you off (well thats what everyone says on here. I have not needed his physical help yet but his advice online is always good)

Comment

Thanks for responding. Any idea how i can get hold of Tony. Email? Phone? Address?

Comment

TonyN you're needed again

TonyN you're needed again!!!
        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Andycanoe
          Thanks for responding. Any idea how i can get hold of Tony. Email? Phone? Address?

Try here...

tony@4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everybody. Looks like I will be taking a trip down the M3 to visit Tony soon. I will let you know how it all goes.

Comment

Have a look through newbie posts....Linda has posted Tony's mobile number.
              I hadnt met Tony until he came up to sort my truck. He is a friendly helpful guy and I certainly have no problems with the price he charged me. Any future probs that I cant sort out will have me on the blower to him toot de sweet

Comment

Working...
              X