yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speedo/reflectors(new girl on the block!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo/reflectors(new girl on the block!)

hello! i'm new around here!! Got my surf a few weeks ago (1991 2.4 td auto)With a new cylinder head! Really lovely!!
    Anyway, just wondered if or where i can get a mph back for my speedo???
    The other thing is i need new reflectors for the spots on the bull bar...any ideas greatly recieved!
    Thanks, look forward to hearing from some of you!
    Cassia

hello cassia! www.milneroffroad.com do speedo faces, about 16 quid. you need to check if your speedo has a pin for the needle to rest on, or not as they do 2 sorts. have fun!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

But have you fitted one..

I too am new to Surfing and need a mph dial to keep heavy right foot under control! Have you fitted a Milner dial? How tricky is it? Instructions on the web make it look complicated.

Comment

i fitted one on sunday! and i am an idiot (see testamonials below..)
        only hard part was not spotting one of the idiot light covers falling off till i had put it back together, and the slightly daunting task of tidying the car so i could get the glove box off.
        you will need a phillips screwdrive no2, phillips no1, a 10mm socket, a bit of patience and a spare hour. jobs a doddle
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

O.K. The first thing you do is remove the dash upper section to get to the clocks. see here;

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm

Once you've got the clocks out, as in the bottom pic, you need to get the clear plastic cover off. when you see how it's held on, it's fairly simple to remove. the you ned to remove the speedo needle. The best way is to use a fork from the cuttlery drawer in yer kitchen. slide the fork under the needles spindle and gently prise up.
          Once the needle is removed, you're on your own now 'cos I don't know what the Milners dail faces are like, (stick on or screw on)
          so ther we are then, refitting is all of the above but in reverse order, but obviously without the fork bit.

Comment

i had to remove the glove box and the lower dash drivers side and the stereo surround to get the upper dash off.... the dial its self is held on with 2 screws
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by cassia
              hello! i'm new around here!! Got my surf a few weeks ago (1991 2.4 td auto)With a new cylinder head! Really lovely!!
              Anyway, just wondered if or where i can get a mph back for my speedo???
              The other thing is i need new reflectors for the spots on the bull bar...any ideas greatly recieved!
              Thanks, look forward to hearing from some of you!
              Cassia

I have a screw on one going spare if you want it... is for a 2.4 1992 .. someone on here should be able to advise if it will fit of not

just shout

joe
              Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                I have a screw on one going spare if you want it... is for a 2.4 1992 .. someone on here should be able to advise if it will fit of not

just shout

joe
                hello joe...will find out if 1992 ok for my 1991 but that's great thanks! Weekend coming up so will have some time hopefully!!!

Cassia

Comment

Working...
                X