Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The size of my........

Hello

Am going to start running on veg oil.... before I get all the "look in FAQ this has been answered a million times" kind of answers... I know!

What I am looking for is the size of the fuel tank..

After researching on here I understand the usual size is 60l... I went to fill up last night on diesel only to check the size and could only get 51.18 litres in.

There deffo wasn't much in it... hte needle was about as low as it goes and i had been driving on that for a day... i didn't dare go anyfurther!

Is it possible that my tank could be smaller or is it more likely that there was more dieles in it than i thought??

Thanks

Joe
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Filled mine up at weekend,put in 55litres.
    That was from low level light to brim.I havent really looked into it but i'd say 60litres was about right.

Darren
    So many toys-So little cash

Comment

From memory I think the tank sizes were 55, 65 or 75 litres ??? so if you were low when you filled up (light on) theres a gallon left (about 4.5l) so you may have the 55 tank.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        From memory I think the tank sizes were 55, 65 or 75 litres ??? so if you were low when you filled up (light on) theres a gallon left (about 4.5l) so you may have the 55 tank.

Thanks Koi,

The Fuel light doesn't work.... so have to guess.... I have done about 10 miles with the needle as low as it would go.... It would have stopped if I'd gone much further... I'd say 55 in that case aswell

Thanks for your help
        Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Sorry to drag up an old post, last night i filled up with 67 ltrs after about 40miles with the light on, its a 3.0ltr TD 3rd gen, should i assume its a 75ltr tank then or is there any other way of checking the tank size (apart from the obvious)

Thanks Paul

Comment

if you're doing percentages with diesel, then you need to work it out, not on tank size, but the amount of diesel you put in.

put 10l of diesel, the 5l of oil (depending on mix you're using)

dunno the 4rd gen size... usually just stick £50 in it
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              if you're doing percentages with diesel, then you need to work it out, not on tank size, but the amount of diesel you put in.

Shhh dont mention Ford on here

I was just trying to work out tank range, going for a trip in April and was wondering about range, tank size etc.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

Whats the 3th gen size then?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Thirth?

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    Well mine has a 65L tank, not sure if they're all the same tho..
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                    X