Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synthetic oil

is anyone running Mobil one or similar and is there any diffence
    i had a reno laguna 2.0 16v before and it made a big difference in that,pick up,acceleration,oil consumption was down and economy sligtly better
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

I tend to think that fully synthetic is only worth it if it's used from new. I can't see the point in tipping it into an old engine where most of the wear has already happened. The main reason synthetics are used (as in my firms Hilux D4D) is to allow the 10000 mile oil change interval but I'm not convinced it's a good idea. Far better to use a reasonable quality oil and change it more regularly.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      I tend to think that fully synthetic is only worth it if it's used from new. I can't see the point in tipping it into an old engine where most of the wear has already happened. The main reason synthetics are used (as in my firms Hilux D4D) is to allow the 10000 mile oil change interval but I'm not convinced it's a good idea. Far better to use a reasonable quality oil and change it more regularly.
      cheers for that save money can do 3 oil changes to the price of 1 synthetic change.
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
      X