oil pressure indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure indicator

could some one tell me if the oil pressure indicator on my 2.4 surf should move down to zero when the engine is not running? mine stays in the 'normal' position, infact it does'nt move a great deal when the engine is running! could it be the pressure switch which has failed, or even the needle that is stuck? car run's fine with no power loss or smoke at all. going to flush the motor and change the oil filter ect later today to see if it makes a difference.

andy

This diagram should help.
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/att...chmentid=12006

Also if you fully synthetic oil in your engine the oil pressure gauge dose'nt move much anyway

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcrofts
      could some one tell me if the oil pressure indicator on my 2.4 surf should move down to zero when the engine is not running? mine stays in the 'normal' position, infact it does'nt move a great deal when the engine is running! could it be the pressure switch which has failed, or even the needle that is stuck? car run's fine with no power loss or smoke at all. going to flush the motor and change the oil filter ect later today to see if it makes a difference.

andy

Does sound as though either the needle is sticking or the sender has gone!
      Tap the dash window to see if it releases the needle....I had to do that on my Temp Sender[which had to be replaced]
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X