head gone stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gone stupid

i have a 2.4 td hilux surf 92 plate model no LN130 today i picked the kids up from school and when i was going home i noticed thick lovely white smoke puthering from the exhaust just got going and it didnt stop i also noticed the temp gauge go quickly on red got it home and kicked the sodding thing looks like more to pay out.i have been told that it is the head gasket so what i wanted to know is how much do you lot think it will cost to repair and how long will it roughly take and i swear to god the way i feel today i swear it`s got to go so if you lot can change my mind then it stays HELP
    taekwondododo

Originally posted by bub
    i have a 2.4 td hilux surf 92 plate model no LN130 today i picked the kids up from school and when i was going home i noticed thick lovely white smoke puthering from the exhaust just got going and it didnt stop i also noticed the temp gauge go quickly on red got it home and kicked the sodding thing looks like more to pay out.i have been told that it is the head gasket so what i wanted to know is how much do you lot think it will cost to repair and how long will it roughly take and i swear to god the way i feel today i swear it`s got to go so if you lot can change my mind then it stays HELP
    BUB Headgaskets dont go HEADS do its pricey but worth it as your SURF will go on forever. check the 2 links at the bottom of this post for cost etc.
    *WARNING* Dont buy a Recon head Only recomended ones by the forum as it may go again.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Agreed 99% sure it will be the head not just the gasket, as Marky says get the new modified head. Not stitched, recon etc and as longs as the jobs done right and the coolant system filled and bled properly you should have many happy miles of motoring ahead.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

cheers started it up last night topped the radiator up and gave it a drive smoking was nearly stopped and temp ok i think it may be the head but my other half(iain) thinks it may have wanted a little drink three kettles full of water to be procise anyway i wont go into that one but its gone to the hospital today to be looked at so god knows what will happen i will let you know the outcome when i know 50% of me thinks head gone then 50% thinks water leak and that iain should maintain it a bit more
        taekwondododo

Comment

If it was just low on coolant and or a water leak external of the engine that doesn't explain the exhaust sauna??

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

thanks
            its still at the garage and the machanic wont do the job he has put me onto a pro who only does cylinder heads for a living its headspec in sutton in ashfield just 2 miles away and they have quoted £968 including vat to do the job and the price includes labour and at trade price it will take 3 days so i better try to get a grand so i can get the job done asap
            taekwondododo

Comment

Originally posted by bub
              thanks
              its still at the garage and the machanic wont do the job he has put me onto a pro who only does cylinder heads for a living its headspec in sutton in ashfield just 2 miles away and they have quoted £968 including vat to do the job and the price includes labour and at trade price it will take 3 days so i better try to get a grand so i can get the job done asap

just make sure they are fitting a NEW REDESIGNED HEAD, get it in writing that they are. If its not you will be back to square one again, as far as I know Stevo on here is the only one that can give that guarantee.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

thanks were can i find stevo
                taekwondododo

Comment

the garage is giving me 12 months warenty and they say that the head is a genuine toyota head not reconditioned i got a price off of milneroffroad.com but they didnt say if it was a recon though
                  taekwondododo

Comment

Originally posted by bub
                    the garage is giving me 12 months warenty and they say that the head is a genuine toyota head not reconditioned i got a price off of milneroffroad.com but they didnt say if it was a recon though
                    Sounds like that means its just a new version of the standard head... which will go again if it gets overheated. Ask them if its a modifed head.
                    Stevo's details are Stevo
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

As LINDA has said if its an original TOYOTA head you will have the same problem at some point.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

thanks
                        well headspec have come and taken it away and im gutted its having a modified head and although its only been gone 2 minutes im missing her already the guys are geniune and were really nice let you know when i get her back
                        taekwondododo

Comment

Working...
                        X