Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum pipes

Hi forum

I have a 2.4lt build into another vehicle. It is a Japanese import and I would like to know how to sort out the vacuum pipes. It has no ECU and all the vacuum pipes are disconnected. Some of the electrical vacuum switches are borken.

1) Is it possible to run it properly without the ECU unit?
    2) What does all the electrical vacuum switches do? I only count 3 of them?
    3) Can I reroute the vacuum so that I don't require the vacuum switches?

I have tried to gather as much info from past postings but cannot make a conclusive decision of how to modify it. It does run without the hoses connected.

Thanks
    Jan

Can anyone maybe refer me to a good reference for the vacuum routing. Is there some manual available? The best I got on this site was a few pictures.

Comment

Probably the best you'll do is get pics from a truck with all the hoses connected, depending on if its a EFI or not will alter how it runs. A EFI engine has 'fly by wire' fuel pump, so without a ECU I'd say your stuffed. Older non EFI will probably run but not very econonically or happily.

I've got a EFI 2.4 going back together today, will take some pics but there should be more on the forum already.

Of the top of my head, the vacuum switches on the engine control the EGR, and the flap that opens when you turn the motor off.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Tony

Many thanks for the reply. I have seen some of the pictures. Any more will also be of great help. I have downloaded them all. The motor does not have the EFI unit. The only sensors are two temp, another temp for the pre-heat relay, oil, throttle and then the three valves. If I can understand what the valves do I can my figure out how to utilize or ignore them. Is there maybe some info available what each ones does?

Once again many thanks
        Jan

Comment

Working...
        X