Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers crossed!!!!

Well Chaps, its done!
    New head fitted so now I hope that thats the end of my head woe`s. The old head was alarmingly full of cracks, including a lot running between the valves and around the glow plug holes. It was well and truly knackered. It seems even more amazing that the old girl ran as well as it did.
    Can someone assure me that I can now sleep at night and not find another expensive water feature next time I lift the bonnet!.
    Thanks for your help and guidance over the last few months fella`s.

Regards
    Tich

Originally posted by tich
    Well Chaps, its done!
    New head fitted so now I hope that thats the end of my head woe`s. The old head was alarmingly full of cracks, including a lot running between the valves and around the glow plug holes. It was well and truly knackered. It seems even more amazing that the old girl ran as well as it did.
    Can someone assure me that I can now sleep at night and not find another expensive water feature next time I lift the bonnet!.
    Thanks for your help and guidance over the last few months fella`s.

Regards
    Tich
    Well providing the head was a brand new one and not a stitched/recon one it should be ok. The old heads had a design fault, the new ones are modified so if its new and a good fitting job done with new stretch bolts gaskets etc then enjoy it now.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Well providing the head was a brand new one and not a stitched/recon one it should be ok. The old heads had a design fault, the new ones are modified so if its new and a good fitting job done with new stretch bolts gaskets etc then enjoy it now.

Thanks for that

I was assured it was a new head not a recon job and new bolts and gaskets were fitted so I will now enjoy all be it with cossed fingers.

Tich

Comment

Tich
        It's now over 18 months since mine was replaced, and its been fine ever since. The way I see it, the previous head lasted 10 years, so this one should do the same. The paranoia about the temp gauge wears off in time!!!!!!
        Pete

Comment

Keep an eye on your radiator though!!!

they have a tendancy to lose the cooling veins between the water rods and the the car gets hot one day!! it dont take much overheating to crack the head! even a new one!! wehn i had my head done we replaced the rad aswell, it cost a small fortune but it was fairly well S*****d

the engine is fine now though, just the rest of the darn thing thats fallin apart!
          THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Working...
          X