Iddler arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iddler arm

Looks like the old motor (G Reg 2.4) needs a new iddler arm to pass its MOT. (Other than that, no probs.) My mechanic says its all in one piece and shouldn't be too hard to change. My question is where can I get a decent arm for a decent price? Would Millers be my best option? Thanks for the help, Eric

Originally posted by ericwindrider
    Looks like the old motor (G Reg 2.4) needs a new iddler arm to pass its MOT. (Other than that, no probs.) My mechanic says its all in one piece and shouldn't be too hard to change. My question is where can I get a decent arm for a decent price? Would Millers be my best option? Thanks for the help, Eric

Milners are the cheapest 57 quid I think, but whether the Roughtrax ones are better quality I dont know as they are a bit more (£72).
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If the bushes in the arm body are worn, you can get the plastic bushes for about £10 and replace them. If the ball joint is worn, you need to replace the whole thing.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by ericwindrider
        got mine from Milners. they r the cheapest and the quality was good, well the surfs stil running anyway
        lets go get dirty...

Comment

I think Marky had problems with Milners idler arms wearing out quickly, but seem to remember they sent replacements ?
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Milner ones arent great! Mine went after three months. Emailed them. They phoned saying that i would have to buy a new one, send them my old one and they would refund me the money when they received it. They sent the new one, but never charged me!
            Not sure if Roughtrax are any better. Theyre balljoints are exactly the same but more expensive.
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
              Milner ones arent great! Mine went after three months. Emailed them. They phoned saying that i would have to buy a new one, send them my old one and they would refund me the money when they received it. They sent the new one, but never charged me!
              Not sure if Roughtrax are any better. Theyre balljoints are exactly the same but more expensive.
              I fitted a roughtrax one, was pleased to see it had a greese nipple - do milners have as well? - bit sick at seeing the price difference tho!
              Tony
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                I fitted a roughtrax one, was pleased to see it had a greese nipple - do milners have as well? - bit sick at seeing the price difference tho!
                Tony
                Milners one also have a grease nipple! ooh err!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                  Milners one also have a grease nipple! ooh err!

bugger!
                  T
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Just replaced the poly bushes in mine back in April. Still going strong.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Ive had 3 from MILNERS but they have a 12 month warranty
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by marky
                        Ive had 3 from MILNERS but they have a 12 month warranty
                        Thanks to all for the response. Got mine from Milners now (overnight delivery). I was quite happy to see I wasn't the only one with having to replace this.
                        Cheers, great help.
                        Eric

Comment

Working...
                        X