Questions from new boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions from new boy

I've just bought a Surf (1997 SSR-X Ltd) and put some veg oil in so I need to get a fuel filter. What do I get and where please?

I have a thing called a Mk5 Turbo Timer that keeps the engine going for a minute after I switch off. I would like to reduce this to 30 seconds but its tucked under the steering column and I can't see it (I had to get someone to read what its called) I don't want to start pressing buttons in case it never starts again. Does anyone know this gadget or have any instructions on adjusting it?

I also have a problem with the door warning dash light which for some inexplicable reason I posted somewhere else. With the driver door open I can push the switch and it goes out but, when I close the door and drive off it comes on again a few yards down the road?

Can anyone tell me where I can get some nice steps and spare wheel cover. It has really fancy JAOS? mud flaps with cable tying them up so the steps would have to go round these? It also has roof rails but no rack and load cover brackets but no load cover. Anything out there?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

You can purchase fuel, oil and air filters as a bundle from www.milnersoffroad.com

Sounds like the contacts or your wiring to the door switch are fault, in that you receive intermittten lights on in the cabin
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Toxophilus
      I also have a problem with the door warning dash light which for some inexplicable reason I posted somewhere else. With the driver door open I can push the switch and it goes out but, when I close the door and drive off it comes on again a few yards down the road?
      Thanks
      If the dash light comes on with the interior lights, the problem will be with one of the 5 doors not being shut or faulty push-switch.

If the dash light comes on without the interior lights, it means that the rear mounted spare isn't shut properly or that push-switch is faulty.
      Try slamming the spare a bit harder - it catches / locks twice like normal car doors do.

Comment

Working...
      X