Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Hello all, advice needed again. This might sound a bit strange but my brakes seem to be either hard with not much response and at other times they feel normal with good response. Ive done the vacuum test ie. pump till hard with engine off then feel the vacuum come in when engine on and that seems ok, however when they feel hard i apply more pressure and the pedal seems to pop and they feel fine after that. Its kinda hard to explain as the pedal pops with a kinda twanging sound... Any ideas?
    Daza

Originally posted by Kalimantan
    Hello all, advice needed again. This might sound a bit strange but my brakes seem to be either hard with not much response and at other times they feel normal with good response. Ive done the vacuum test ie. pump till hard with engine off then feel the vacuum come in when engine on and that seems ok, however when they feel hard i apply more pressure and the pedal seems to pop and they feel fine after that. Its kinda hard to explain as the pedal pops with a kinda twanging sound... Any ideas?
    Daza
    Is the sound coming directly from the pedal area? If so a closer examination of the pedal pivot mechanism and surrounding area should be next. There could be wear or something physically obstructing movement of the pedal.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Is the sound coming directly from the pedal area? If so a closer examination of the pedal pivot mechanism and surrounding area should be next. There could be wear or something physically obstructing movement of the pedal.
      It does sound like its coming from around there, i will have a closer look.
      Cheers Daza

Comment

Working...
      X