glow plug fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plug fuse

just fitted new glow plugs as i was having to heat up about three times bofore i could start but after fitting it is still the same, just found as 80a fuse which is under the bonnet in the fuse box near the brake servo, the fuse is blown, how do i get this fuse out as i have tried every thing, where can i get new one???

Originally posted by caseyj
    just fitted new glow plugs as i was having to heat up about three times bofore i could start but after fitting it is still the same, just found as 80a fuse which is under the bonnet in the fuse box near the brake servo, the fuse is blown, how do i get this fuse out as i have tried every thing, where can i get new one???

There was an article sometime ago...if I remember correctly there is a screw or something thats located under the fuse box.
    Gaz

Comment

and all reputable toyota suppliers sell them!... esp. milners
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

do i have the undo the fuse box from the body to get to the screw underneath

Comment

do i have the undo the fuse box from the body to get to the screw underneath

Cant remember the article and never had to do this myself yet...try doing a trawl through the forum with the search engine.
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
            Cant remember the article and never had to do this myself yet...try doing a trawl through the forum with the search engine.
            Hi Shiny here

I have removed this fuse many times and i agree its not easy
            1st unscrew the small bolts which hold it to body.

2 unclip the plastic body(this should be facing front) with small screwdriver
            its kinda like a male female clip. you should after uncliping
            be able to look around easier.

3 get a small screwdriver and on section that fuse has blown you will see
            that by releasing a clip on the left and this is the bit that is difficult when doing this push the fuse blown section DOWN. un bolt fuse and replace..

Comment

Originally posted by shiny
              Hi Shiny here

I have removed this fuse many times and i agree its not easy
              1st unscrew the small bolts which hold it to body.

2 unclip the plastic body(this should be facing front) with small screwdriver
              its kinda like a male female clip. you should after uncliping
              be able to look around easier.

3 get a small screwdriver and on section that fuse has blown you will see
              that by releasing a clip on the left and this is the bit that is difficult when doing this push the fuse blown section DOWN. un bolt fuse and replace..
              will this be the same for the 2.4 and the three litre, i ahve the 2.4td,

Comment

will this be the same for the 2.4 and the three litre, i ahve the 2.4td,
                mines a 2.4 1990

best of luck and remember you have to unbolt the fuse before you can pull it out..also disconnect the earth on the battery..

Comment

got the 80amp fuse out, anyone got a spare as no-one round here has one and even went to toyota who dont list a part on there system

Comment

got the 80amp fuse out, anyone got a spare as no-one round here has one and even went to toyota who dont list a part on there system
                    have tried www.milneroffroad.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ive seen on there website that they do them but can never though on the phone

Comment

ive seen on there website that they do them but can never though on the phone
                        i have never had trouble getting thru to them is this the same number you had 01629 734411
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

marsh Toyota @ Plymouth were helpfull to me I know it is a 'bread & butter' part but if you have all your numbers chassis etc Neal should be able to help you - he is like an encyclopedia
                          Tony
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

managed to get fuse andthe new washers from toyota, i have the order they go in from the bottom up blue washer, eletrical connection, black washer, metal washer then nut, should the buzz bar and eletrical connection bar touch?????

Comment

should the buzz bar and eletrical connection bar touch?????
                              They should be fitted together between insulators so they are not touching the mounting stud or nut and washer.

Neville

Comment

Working...
                              X