Head problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head problems

I've been reading some posts that mention potential problems with the head on my 91 surf. I know that mine is an early model because it has toyota written on the grill rather than a toyota badge. Should I be worried about this? I do a lot of miles in it, and was proposing to take it over to europe skiing for the winter. It has done 157,000 kms but is in great condition. Smokes a bit, but I always put it down to it being a diesel, although it does seem to smoke more nowdays, uses hardly any oil and drives pretty well for its age. I am considering upgrading so to speak and was thinking about getting a land cruiser but they seem expensive, seems to be about 5-7 grand for a 91 - 93 with about the same miles on it as my surf. I want a low maintenance 4x4, thats reliable and will go on forever, I was inspired to get a hilux by 2 things, firstly a friend has had a hilux pickup for years and years, and never seems to quit. Also I saw the top gear thing about trying to kill a hilux, by setting it on fire, washing it out to sea, smashing the hell out of it and it kept going, thats the vehicle for me I thought and bought a 91 surf. Have I done the right thing, should I upgrade to a 3litre or even a land cruiser, any thoughts would be apprieciated. PS I think the tailgate electric window is so cool, great idea, would definately miss that on a land cruiser..lol
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

get european breakdown cover and stop worrying!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Do you ever do the right thing, change jobs, move house etc etc, theres always doubt in every decision we make.
      How long have you had the Surf, is it a fresh import or been in this country a while, may have already had the head replaced, may be it hasn't and never will need doing.
      All in all you bought a good motor, all motors are good until something goes wrong and then you wish you hadn't bought it.
      Drive it, enjoy it and love your rear window
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X