No announcement yet.

Fuel Consumption lucky to be 19 MPG!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 19 with a fuel leak from my injector... 23ish on long hauls with Tony driving (I go faster than him ) 12 is certainly low. A fuel heater makes a good improvement to the MPG - I get an extra 50 miles to each tank since fitting mine.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

It seems a bit low to me

I drive mostly country lanes driving, some A roads in my '92 2.4l auto, and I am getting apx 25-29 mpg. Figures in the teens seem a little low to me.
      'Badges!' 'We don't need no stinkin badges!!'

Comment

Yeesh

i get about 600kms on a run between full and the light coming on, and about 450kms around town, mine's a 92 but only done 65000kms, also, i don't drive above 90kmh on open road except when overtaking, theres no hurry in africa :-). I haven't done the EGR mod, when i tried it i noticed absolutely no difference, has anyone actually measured the performance with/without hose connected?

Comment

Originally posted by malawijim
          i get about 600kms on a run between full and the light coming on, and about 450kms around town, mine's a 92 but only done 65000kms, also, i don't drive above 90kmh on open road except when overtaking, theres no hurry in africa :-). I haven't done the EGR mod, when i tried it i noticed absolutely no difference, has anyone actually measured the performance with/without hose connected?

I'm well pleased I got a 3.0L after reading these figures......I believe the right foot has a lot to do with it....also 'reading what your 'box is going to do' if an auto. driving styles make a hell of a difference, in one of our other motors I regularly get 29-30 mpg the missus rerely gets above 22-23 and even in our 2cv i get a lot more, we both dont hang about but use the revs and predicting what next can make ££££'s difference
          quite important now!!
          holy-er than thou sermon over!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Tony
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by malawijim

I've got a 3.0l Auto SSRG. The truck has done 94,000Kms and I've not had her long. The first week I had it, I put 2 bottles of diesel injector cleaner in and gave it a bit of a hammering (80mph) on the A34 each way from home to work. Half the journey is A34, the other half is slow, country lanes. The following week I was taking it REALLY easy. I filled the tank right to the brim and re-filled it when the fuel gauge was bang on Quarter of a tank. I was getting about 430Kms for the first week and 460for the second. The second involved a long run to Milton Keynes. In short, they drink fuel like an oil refinary, and the only way to get better mpg is on a long run. If you do country lanes like I do forget it. Just hand your wage slip over to the guy in the fuel station as you might as well not see how much you earn't as you won't see it. It goes up in smoke, diesel smoke.

Comment

Working...
            X