Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time off road - amazing!!

Just got back from my trip to Wales.

The beast took 7 people, 2 cannoes and a big trailor, and didnt even think about struggling.
    I was worried it might overheat or something at some point but it was flawless.

I also went "off-road" on thursday in the welsh mountains.
    Was absolutely amazing, i must admit that i was completely in bits at certain piints when i though that i was a gonner, well the truck was!
    its now completely covered in mud and looks great.

I did loose two wheelarches, found only one so im missing one of the rear -
    expensive??

i love driving the beast, but off road, had sooo much fun, its great!!

Tim

Originally posted by pasoundtim
    Just got back from my trip to Wales.

The beast took 7 people, 2 cannoes and a big trailor, and didnt even think about struggling.
    I was worried it might overheat or something at some point but it was flawless.

I also went "off-road" on thursday in the welsh mountains.
    Was absolutely amazing, i must admit that i was completely in bits at certain piints when i though that i was a gonner, well the truck was!
    its now completely covered in mud and looks great.

I did loose two wheelarches, found only one so im missing one of the rear -
    expensive??

i love driving the beast, but off road, had sooo much fun, its great!!

Tim

Congratulations...I bet that Grin is hurting your face now!!
    Gaz

Comment

ay up. sounds like you had fun. not taken my 2.4 off road yet but intend to. as a question is there any tricks to getting it in 4wd and low range? been hearing tales that it involves certain speeds, reversing and all sorts of things but they could be myths for all i know.
      there are other worlds than these

Comment

4WD high is engaged by the button on the side of the small gear lever (presuming you've got an auto) whilst moving up to about 60kph. If you stop whilst in 4WD high you'll probably need to reverse slightly to get it to drop into 2WD. 4WD low is achieved by stopping with the main lever in P or N and moving the small lever fully forwards. You'll need to stop and put it into P to get it back into 4H. Don't leave the small lever in the middle of its travel. That's N and you'll go nowhere, although useful to stop useless tleaves from nicking your pride & joy.
        Don't forget - do not use 4WD on tarmac as the 2nd Gen does not have a centre diff. You'll get transmission wind-up if you turn corners as the wheels all want to move at the same speed. Doing that can wreck your car. Only use off road in slippery conditions or on road in snow/ice.
        Mike G

Comment

cheers mate. am heading off to north wales ish next weekend to some hydro powerplant or something for a camping trip so i'll try it then and see how it goes.
          there are other worlds than these

Comment

I took my 2.4 to Langdale quest a couple of weeks ago.Absolutely stunning capabilities my Surf has.
            Went with a mate who took a tricked up Landy. He had a rough day.....i just wafted over everything in my comfy auto with air con and adjustable suspension.
            Wonderful.
            French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

I d no probs with the surf in wales, it just kep going and going and going, was awsome.
              And for a young guy who had never done it before, was very scared of wrecking his car (money i tight, cant afford a major breakdown!) it was great, i had sooo much fun.
              As fot 4WD, i have a manual so i dont know how different this is to the manual, but when i went into 4wd i just hit the button on the gear stick, and it went down to 4wd, when i was done i pressed it again and drove forward and it went off - job done. dead easy.

Would recomment it to anyone, also although obviously you could wreck your surf and cause yourself some damage if your not carefull, i tackled some really rough terreain with no probs so go for it, its great.

Comment

Working...
              X