Bio Diesel & Customs-Excise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Diesel & Customs-Excise

Ive just applied to get the form EX103 to declare usage of veg oil as a fuel additive.
    Back came teh form which i duly completed then they asked me the following!!!!!!!! Does the veg oil you intend to use meet the spec in Public notice 179E. the ester content of the oil of which is not less than 96.5% by weight and teh sulphur content does not exceed 0.005% by weight.

HELP, or am I being Thick?

think in english, that would read... "are you using straight vegetable oil?" (SVO)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Vin
      Ive just applied to get the form EX103 to declare usage of veg oil as a fuel additive.
      Back came teh form which i duly completed then they asked me the following!!!!!!!! Does the veg oil you intend to use meet the spec in Public notice 179E. the ester content of the oil of which is not less than 96.5% by weight and teh sulphur content does not exceed 0.005% by weight.

The first answer is yes

I will not answer the second question, but no doubt some clever dick will extract the urine

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Vin

SVO is 100% ester and contains 0% Sulphur. There's only a problem if you start to recycle used veg oil or mix it with other ingredients. When I filled my form in I stated that I only intended to use new pure 100% veg oil, and mentioned the facts above for good measure. My registration was accepted without any quibble.

Hope that helps.

Rob

p.s. I've now done about 3,000Kms on SVO.
        Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
        X