Head question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head question

As a new comer to the surf forum, i am reading a lot about cracked heads. Should i be overly worried or just deal with this problem if it happens. I own a 2.4 with 120.000 KMS on the clock, it is the familly bus, and is very well used. Is there any thing we can do to prevent the head from cracking ?. Also how is a modified head , modified ? if you get my drift . Thanx all - Nosher.

Theres nowt you can do to prevent it cracking, it might never crack though.Some might say that you flush out your cooling system but it's not going to make the walls of your water jacket thicker.
    The modified heads have water jackets with thicker metal between the holes where the coolant flows so they don't wear thin and crack.

That's what Stevo told and showed me, i'm no mechanic as you can tell.

Good luck

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
      Theres nowt you can do to prevent it cracking, it might never crack though.Some might say that you flush out your cooling system but it's not going to make the walls of your water jacket thicker.
      The modified heads have water jackets with thicker metal between the holes where the coolant flows so they don't wear thin and crack.

That's what Stevo told and showed me, i'm no mechanic as you can tell.

Good luck

Paul.
      Paul, thanx for the info, would you happen to know how much a Modified head would cost ? Thanx again. Nosher

Comment

Originally posted by nosher
        Paul, thanx for the info, would you happen to know how much a Modified head would cost ? Thanx again. Nosher
        Give this link a try at the bottom of my post. Prices are on there.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X